Hitching Danger: Stay out of Southern Kentucky

Wanderman

Reaction score
It's probably a "duh" for all of you, but hitching in southern Kentucky by the border of Tennessee is bad news. I was seperated from my road dogs there and ended up in a hospital. Some crazy ass preachers tried to kidnap me and I was stuck walking in the woods and on a highway for three days before being picked up by an outcast doll collector.

I never would have been there in the first place if not for bad luck, but all the same, don't try to hitch Southern Kentucky. I could have died and its not safe for anyone, no matter how normal you look. Stay safe out there.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
It aint just So. Kentucky... its could happen anywhere... such is the plight of hitchin folk. Ive had quite a few crazy experiences myself and im tellin ya.. its a gamble no matter where you are. Certain areas do have more "fucked locals" but the whole world had fucked drivers that like to mess with the "different folks"..

skitter

Reaction score
There is bad luck everywhere, it's true. Sometimes you can't anticipate the bad rides... but ultimately you gotta get back on that horse (or find a road dog).

I typed up a huge story but I didn't want to hijack your thread so I made a new one.
Hope you're feeling a little less distressed. We are always throwing caution to the wind when we accept a stranger's ride... it usually ends up okay but sometimes it sucks.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads