Waterproofing explained my friends | Squat the Planet

Waterproofing explained my friends

skillpore

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If your worried about getting wet, dont travel. Carry 55 gallon trash bags with you and a tarp(s). Worry about getting dry not wet. Goretex can be expensive. Be careful what you waterproof. It will loose its ability to breath. Which can cause some bad things. (fungal infections)

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
If your worried about getting wet, dont travel. Carry 55 gallon trash bags with you and a tarp(s). Worry about getting dry not wet. Goretex can be expensive. Be careful what you waterproof. It will loose its ability to breath. Which can cause some bad things. (fungal infections)

I mean I hate getting wet when I don't want to, but have I accepted that sometimes getting wet will be inevitable? Yes. This isn't information on how not to get wet... This is information on how waterproofing works. I thought it was interesting to know some scientific background behind it. Yes , goretex is expensive and I probably won't be able to afford it, but if someone on StP is, isn't it worth knowing that goretex is good?

And thanks for the tip, but I just plan on having a rain jacket. I'm not trying to waterproof everything.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads