Wash Wash Wash clothes options | Squat the Planet

Wash Wash Wash clothes options

trashswag86

Reaction score

Gives other fabrics the power of wool, for a week, basically. (Stinky particles don't attach to wool)

Another option I read in this forum is two drops of bleach in a zip lock bag of water, which sounds alright if you just washing socks and undies.

Merino wool undies would be tight.

Random street-side/dumpster bucket plus
A. a water key and
B. Dr Bronners or whatever soap

Other options?

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
I carry around an extra dry bag for laundry. Put a lil water, dab of soap, close the bag up and shake it around. Works pretty good
Been doing this for years. I have a 30l dry bag and carry some dish soap and laundry soap. If you like your whites white (like me) pick up a quart of bleach from cvs or wherever and you can do a white load even

Reactions: trashswag86

trashswag86

Reaction score
Really glad I made this thread. (Searched and didn't find any on the subject. Point me to it, if I missed it)

The dry bag idea is *perfect*. I don't think it's gonna get any better than that. And I never woulda thought about it without y'alls help. Thank you!

Previously I had one of those Sea To Summit collapsible buckets. Super fancy, super expensive. And I lost it real quick.

Reactions: Jackthereaper

MetalBryan

Reaction score
If you are going to use Dr Bronners make sure you mix it well with the water before adding the clothes. I tried using it as a detergent in a pinch and the laundry machine left tons of soap white streaks.

There are many industries and small businesses that do laundry on site. Restaurants wash linens, fiber arts classes recycle fabrics, fancy pools do towels, hotels, etc etc. If you get creative you might get lucky bartering access.

Reactions: trashswag86

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads