Wash Wash Wash clothes options (1 Viewer)

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com

Gives other fabrics the power of wool, for a week, basically. (Stinky particles don't attach to wool)

Another option I read in this forum is two drops of bleach in a zip lock bag of water, which sounds alright if you just washing socks and undies.

Merino wool undies would be tight.

Random street-side/dumpster bucket plus
A. a water key and
B. Dr Bronners or whatever soap

Other options?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

WanderLost

Wanderer
I usually just wash my shirt, hat and skank in a bathroom sink with whatever soap they got. Every once in a while ill go to a laundromat and wash my sleeping bag with some clothes. People posted some good ideas above though.

OP
trashswag86

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com
Maybe most already know about sleeping bag liners?
Generally add about 5 to 10 degrees warmth, but the primary use is to keep your bag clean. Save quarters at the laindromat, and preserve that hydrophobic goose down, or whatever you sleeping in.

Jackthereaper

Vagabond
I carry around an extra dry bag for laundry. Put a lil water, dab of soap, close the bag up and shake it around. Works pretty good
Been doing this for years. I have a 30l dry bag and carry some dish soap and laundry soap. If you like your whites white (like me) pick up a quart of bleach from cvs or wherever and you can do a white load even

OP
trashswag86

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com
Really glad I made this thread. (Searched and didn't find any on the subject. Point me to it, if I missed it)

The dry bag idea is *perfect*. I don't think it's gonna get any better than that. And I never woulda thought about it without y'alls help. Thank you!

Previously I had one of those Sea To Summit collapsible buckets. Super fancy, super expensive. And I lost it real quick.

MetalBryan

Vagabond
If you are going to use Dr Bronners make sure you mix it well with the water before adding the clothes. I tried using it as a detergent in a pinch and the laundry machine left tons of soap white streaks.

There are many industries and small businesses that do laundry on site. Restaurants wash linens, fiber arts classes recycle fabrics, fancy pools do towels, hotels, etc etc. If you get creative you might get lucky bartering access.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AaronOnTheRoad Washing clothing Clothing 39
xbocax Washing Wool Clothing 10
Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Anybody watching the SpaceX launch today?
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.
Always sucks to see good ppl/new friends get back on that ironhorse after getting to hangout/know, be safe friends an stay in touch! @Koala @scutellaria, maxy, Henry an well. Wish I was enroute South with y'all!
I hate my fucking back. A combination of bank bullshit and now a strained or sprained back had kept me held up in Pennsylvania. Have a place to stay, but I'm pissed at life trying to keep me off the road!
Fuck it, I'm getting a bottle
Wheat2020 wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
I'mma cut to the chase: You don't call me what I consider to be a slur or insult, and I won't call you names.
You say I should love myself and have more self-confidence. You've got it all wrong. I love myself plenty, and I know for a fact that I am capable of doing incredible things, both good and evil.
You say fake it till you make it. I'm too honest for that. Instead I will have faith in myself, and act accordingly.
These new rules for the train riding forum are ridiculous. I've been on here for 5 ish years.
MFB wrote on Older Than Dirt's profile.
Just wanted to say you look waaay better in your new avatar pic. ;) You clean up nice!
Bent123 wrote on iamwhatiam's profile.
I read your story last month about working in Alaska. I got a job in Naknek this summer. Definitely can get how it felt like jail. I fear it's really going to feel that way with this virus. We can't go into town. I'm not very happy about that since it will limit my exploring. Yet I really need the opportunity right now. Anymore advice is much appreciated.

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Shadownick