Warmer Tent Trick | Squat the Planet

Warmer Tent Trick

Jerrell

Reaction score
With winter hitting, I thought I'd throw out a tip for those that haven't thought of it or whatever. I didn't see this anywhere on the site and thought I'd share for anyone that had the need.

I've done my fair share of winter camping in a tent in my younger years and in the past I've made what I called a Tent Quilt to keep the tent a bit warmer. All you need is a tarp or two and a quilt or thick blanket(s). The tarp is for weatherproofing the quilt. The quilt keeps less heat from escaping through the upper sides and top of the tent. Think of it like a rain fly for winter I guess.
Use whatever works best for you to hold it together. My first few times doing it, I just put the quilt on top of the tent and then strapped a tarp down over it. I eventually made one where I folded the tarp over the ends of a quilt and stitched it together to make it harder for moisture to get to it.

It won't get you through the long term, but it has worked for me over a course of a few days before.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads