Warm place to rubber tramp & work

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, dont know if this is posted elsewhere but..... I am looking for a warm/desert town/place where I can live out of my truck fairly easily and also find temp work during the winter. I have plenty of opportunity up here in Oregon, But I need a place with a better climate. I havent spent much time in SoCal or NM or TX, so any info would be great. I am from AZ, and do not plan on going back, so not there, lol. Thanks!

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
SIB Ive hoofed it to Washington and got work pretty fast at a temp agency. Its pretty fucking soggy but good so far. I lived in AZ for like 7 years, left that place for good 2 years ago. police state!

Ya man Arizona is beautiful but has a horrible government, I dont think I will ever go back. I had my truck with all of my belongs "repossesed" by the state after I got pulled over for an "out license plate light". They told me the title to my vehicle was not valid in the state of AZ (Title was out of Montana, valid there), impounded, and basically gave my truck to the towing company. I lost everything. Fuck that place.

Anyway, ya I think I might actually stay in central oregon, its pretty sweet here, I just keep wanting to travel. Fucking winter.....

Reactions: DrAwqward

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh and by the way, your avatar is rad man, happy mask salesman.

Reactions: DrAwqward

DrAwqward

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Thanks dude! Yea I feel your pain on the wheel thing. I just gave a Saturn to the tow truck company in Norfolk Va because of a stupid fucking fuel pump. I just had to leave. What ever. Learning how to let some things go is a hard but necessary process and part of the journey. Eventually I'm headed back to Asheville, NC, but thats not till spring. I haven't been to Portland yet. Its on my too do list. Maybe I'll hit you up when I head south!

Reactions: Coywolf

Fatboy

Reaction score
Man what is about these places stealing peoples cars? Around here (pdx) its "no insurance tows" if you get pulled over for anything and can not prove you are insured they tow your car and you are on the hook now for towing fees and storage... you also can not get your car back until you have insurance so by then the fees are more than your car worth.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Damn, remind me to stay away from PDX. I be ridin' illegal! Anyway, I just got down to Crescent City, CA and I decided to store my truck and hitch anyway, so it turned out to be a great trip so far.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads