wadddduppp | Squat the Planet

wadddduppp

dirttea

Reaction score
hey everyone!!! i just joined stp at the recommendation of my good friend and im so excited to have this network!!!! im a baby dirty kid, ive done a fair bit of traveling but not like, the cool way ya know. so any bits of advice would be hella appreciated! also, im gonna be tenting for a little over a month in forks washington and i would super appreciate some advice about how to stay warm and dry while im there! this will be my first time really living outdoors and im super fuckin stoked. right now housed up in boise idaho, if there are any homies out here hit me up cant wait to get to know u all!!!!!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey welcome to STP - we have lots of info here divided up nicely into subforums - equipment etc. As for tenting in Washington for a month - I'm sure there are several people here who can help. Another friend of mine (and I can't think of his handle here atm) has been traveling solid fo the last 25 yrs - wintered last year in massachusets woods and is currently living in the PA hills. I'll pull him into this post when I think of his name. :D But welcome!

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Welcome!
I spent some time in the Washington woods north of Wenatchee in the north Cascades. In fall/winter ya better be careful because the weather changes quickly from Sept to October. It seemed like it went from sunny and 80-100 to grey, rainy, snowy, low temp weather in a matter of days. There's so much Wilderness out there that it's almost impossible not to find a good stealth camping site.

I'd totally love to hear about the guy living in the PA hills and who wintered in Massachusetts in the winter. Tough as nails!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads