Very gross question, but I think someone here can help? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Very gross question, but I think someone here can help?

Franny

Reaction score
bote- I have both a happy and a terrible ending for you. I'm not sure how you'll feel about that.

The thing is back to "normal". Being a small boil-esque thing that drains and heals on its own every so often. The first time the hospital cultured it it was MRSA (yeah, lovely). I was on these terrible antibiotics that made me feel like I had a volcano in my stomach and gave me champagne diarrhea. They cultured it again after the antibiotics and it came up clean. Yet, it's reappeared. At least it's just the size of a bug bite now. That's....good?

Puddles

Reaction score
got a friend in kc, mo who gets blisters that burst and ooze puss non-stop. it spreads all over his feet and hands, i'm guessing some type of staff, any input?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
got a friend in kc, mo who gets blisters that burst and ooze puss non-stop. it spreads all over his feet and hands, i'm guessing some type of staff, any input?

Are they large or small blisters? If they're small blisters they could be hives- an allergic reaction, instead of a bacterial infection. Still not a good thing, though, since it could lead right to a bacterial infection. Also, is there a reason your friend is avoiding checking up on this in a clinic? If I was oozing pus all over the place, I'd be a bit concerned about it, and at the very least curious on why it's happening. I mean, yes it's natural, but it's still not supposed to be happening.

Puddles

Reaction score
Are they large or small blisters? If they're small blisters they could be hives- an allergic reaction, instead of a bacterial infection. Still not a good thing, though, since it could lead right to a bacterial infection. Also, is there a reason your friend is avoiding checking up on this in a clinic? If I was oozing pus all over the place, I'd be a bit concerned about it, and at the very least curious on why it's happening. I mean, yes it's natural, but it's still not supposed to be happening.

Dude's a homebum who sticks around for his ex old lady..sad story..but anyhow, he's gone in to receive help and got jack for an answer. the blisters range in size, i told him to ditch his socks for a bit and let it dry out, but it didn't really happen. he's bounced in and out of urgent care, they don't do much for the homeless, gotta have insurance. but that's how they play it. I asked about it being a reaction because he said it's happened before, but he was pretty convinced it wasn't. I just want to know if anyone's experienced something like it, or known someone who has, to see what they do for it. thanks for the response though.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Dude's a homebum who sticks around for his ex old lady..sad story..but anyhow, he's gone in to receive help and got jack for an answer. the blisters range in size, i told him to ditch his socks for a bit and let it dry out, but it didn't really happen. he's bounced in and out of urgent care, they don't do much for the homeless, gotta have insurance. but that's how they play it. I asked about it being a reaction because he said it's happened before, but he was pretty convinced it wasn't. I just want to know if anyone's experienced something like it, or known someone who has, to see what they do for it. thanks for the response though.

Even if I had a photograph of that, I don't think I could really help if he doesn't even bother letting his socks dry out. That sounds like he's not taking care of himself. What color is the pus? If it's clear, then it's not so bad, but if it's cloudy (or worse, green) then it's an infection.

todd

Reaction score
the Neosporin like stuff they gave me to put up my nose for staph boils really works as a previous poster said. try using an antibiotic just inside your nasal passages.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads