Van spots in Spokane? | Squat the Planet

Van spots in Spokane?

RACC00NHands

Reaction score
I’ve been living in my van for about 3 months, and got to Spokane about a week ago, planning to spend a couple months because I know a couple people up here and I got a job offer. I have never had a harder time finding spots than here. The Walmart’s don’t let you park, and there’s no BLM land anywhere near. I’ve only found one reliable spot, but I’d like enough that I can rotate frequently. I’m also facing the issue of not having a stealthy vehicle. I’m in a vw, which wasn’t a problem in bend, OR, but I’ve already been recognized a couple times. I’m also a small woman and I get kind of spooked easily. Maybe I should move on, but I need the work. Does anyone have any tips, or spots they’d share?

lizZzard

Reaction score
I like using the website Free Camping Near You | Go Camping for Free! - https://freecampsites.net/ I’m not sure if it will have things for Spokane specifically, but can give you locations close to that area as well! I’ve used it to camp/park for free across the U.S. :) (was stayin in a Honda Civic wagon so zero stealth
Oregon is really easy with the van dwelling definitely my favorite state too so far!
Good luck!! Stay safe :)

RACC00NHands

Reaction score

DarbyTrash666

Reaction score
I’ve been living in my van for about 3 months, and got to Spokane about a week ago, planning to spend a couple months because I know a couple people up here and I got a job offer. I have never had a harder time finding spots than here. The Walmart’s don’t let you park, and there’s no BLM land anywhere near. I’ve only found one reliable spot, but I’d like enough that I can rotate frequently. I’m also facing the issue of not having a stealthy vehicle. I’m in a vw, which wasn’t a problem in bend, OR, but I’ve already been recognized a couple times. I’m also a small woman and I get kind of spooked easily. Maybe I should move on, but I need the work. Does anyone have any tips, or spots they’d share?
So I am from spokane originally.. of you head south on freya next to the interstate there are full empty blocks where some rv people camp.. I have parked there and not had issues.

Reaction score

I rv dwelled here for a few days and i stayed behind the dollar tree without any problems for 3 days and then we sat out in the ace parking lot for 3 and they didnt even notice

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads