Trying to get the cheapest auto insurance(or get by without insurance) | Squat the Planet

Trying to get the cheapest auto insurance(or get by without insurance)

Whelk

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on getting the cheapest auto insurance possible? My rates are currently $150 a month and might actually go up next cycle! I was involved in two accidents in the past 3 years, which is why my rates are so high. I was trying to explore options of getting my car registered in other states(it's registered in Oregon now, though I'm traveling on the east coast right now), getting on other people's insurance plans, etc. I heard if you have food stamps in CA, you can get reduced auto insurance rates. Not sure if this is the case in other states as well. Anyone have any good ideas on how to scam insurance to get some kind of reasonable rate?

I'm most likely going to start chancing it and get rid of insurance soon, cause I can't afford these rates anymore, unless there's some other option.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
1. just photoshop an insurance form. fill in the necessary boxes with your info. LOL theres no way copz can check to see if its real or not.

2. get insurance from a foreign company

3. ask someone else to let you use their personal data.

roguetrader

Reaction score
@Mankini (the artist formerly known as voodochild I think) - is there no national vehicle database in the US yet ? I'm amazed if there's not.... In the UK and Western Europe when the pigs run your plates they get full details of insurance / road tax / MOT (safety) test.... or lack of... In England if you completely illegal the vehicle goes in the crusher unless you suck some officer dick.... I suppose if you got fake insurance from another country they can't check that....

Sent from my XT1039 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

roguetrader

Reaction score
@Whelk so if they can't check your vehicle legality on computer you can probably get away with the photo shopped insurance suggested above.... another tactic we used driving illegally in Europe where you're supposed to carry all your papers, all the time, was to lie and say you'd had a break in and the documents were all stolen, could get you out of a tight spot, just don't have a fucking crash !

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
@Whelk so if they can't check your vehicle legality on computer you can probably get away with the photo shopped insurance suggested above.... another tactic we used driving illegally in Europe where you're supposed to carry all your papers, all the time, was to lie and say you'd had a break in and the documents were all stolen, could get you out of a tight spot, just don't have a fucking crash !

Donde esta el banyo.

https://www.elroble.com/

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
get a bunch of quotes from other companies. I had progressive and they kept upping it for no reason every 6 months, i went to geico and saved over 40$/month.
or photoshop your old insurance and just change the dates on it. I do think having insurance is kinna important so far as driving is dangerous, wouldn't wanna back into someone and get sued

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
get a bunch of quotes from other companies. I had progressive and they kept upping it for no reason every 6 months, i went to geico and saved over 40$/month.
or photoshop your old insurance and just change the dates on it. I do think having insurance is kinna important so far as driving is dangerous, wouldn't wanna back into someone and get sued

Cant squeeze bootisweat out of a turnip! :D

• Haha
Reactions: p h o b o s

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Mankini I'm fairly certain most cops can check the validity of car insurance so encouraging people to commit fraud is a terrible idea.

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Vanholio

Reaction score
1150 E Washington St, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Website
www.vanholio.com
  • Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Mankini (the artist formerly known as voodochild I think) - is there no national vehicle database in the US yet ? I'm amazed if there's not.... In the UK and Western Europe when the pigs run your plates they get full details of insurance / road tax / MOT (safety) test.... or lack of... In England if you completely illegal the vehicle goes in the crusher unless you suck some officer dick.... I suppose if you got fake insurance from another country they can't check that....

Some states do have a database, I.E. Utah. But they only can check the validity if the insurance is out of that state (Utah). There is not a national database of any kind that i am aware of (How do I know this? I listen to traffic stops on my radio scanner)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, and Arizona. I still have my insurance out of there because it is so cheap.

Quirky Erk

Reaction score
Found this on the site that Vanholio mentioned, and cross checked to make sure, based on full coverage for a 2014 Accord, these are the 10 cheapest counties
1. Green Springs, Ohio, in ZIP code 44836: $647
2. Arden, North Carolina, in ZIP code 28704: $671
3. Saco, Maine, in ZIP code 04072: $709
4. Christiansburg, Virginia, in ZIP code 24073: $751
5. Boise, Idaho, in ZIP code 83706: $753
6. Lake Havasu City, Arizona, in ZIP code 86403: $769
7. West Lafayette, Indiana, in ZIP code 47907: $770
8. Allouez, Wisconsin, in ZIP code 54302: $776
9. Concord, New Hampshire, in ZIP code 03303: $785
10. Normal, Illinois, in ZIP code 61761: $827

just renewed insurance and was told i could put some device in that'll monitor speed and such to determine my driving habits for 6 months, and depending my rates will go up or down. With this info and these times, concerned my rates went up just for looking at it

VanScribed Goat

Reaction score
Found this on the site that Vanholio mentioned, and cross checked to make sure, based on full coverage for a 2014 Accord, these are the 10 cheapest counties
1. Green Springs, Ohio, in ZIP code 44836: $647
2. Arden, North Carolina, in ZIP code 28704: $671
3. Saco, Maine, in ZIP code 04072: $709
4. Christiansburg, Virginia, in ZIP code 24073: $751
5. Boise, Idaho, in ZIP code 83706: $753
6. Lake Havasu City, Arizona, in ZIP code 86403: $769
7. West Lafayette, Indiana, in ZIP code 47907: $770
8. Allouez, Wisconsin, in ZIP code 54302: $776
9. Concord, New Hampshire, in ZIP code 03303: $785
10. Normal, Illinois, in ZIP code 61761: $827

just renewed insurance and was told i could put some device in that'll monitor speed and such to determine my driving habits for 6 months, and depending my rates will go up or down. With this info and these times, concerned my rates went up just for looking at it

WOAH
Hi Friend lmao. This was not somewhere I thought I would run into you. Didn;t even recognize it was you until I read "shoot it" xD
But hey dude this list is awesome. I have Lafayette, Indiana as my drivers license address. My grandma lives there/ I graduated high school there so I get away with their cheap insurance. Groovy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads