Trying to find true love AND save the world... Anyone dealing with this shit?

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
Love is determined based on our own actions and reasoning, not what one 'feels' for another. Love is not something one can be addicted to because Love is not a chemical. Love is the proper judgement for the better of one's self and others. Brain chemicals do what they do, but people still base their decisions on other factors. Love is a verb, not a noun. It's an action, not a chemical.

Reactions: Odin

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
And perhaps, just because a Christian believes in "God is Real", does not make it true. However, He does not exist for their belief, but they believe because of His Existence. But that's beside the point. So speaking from the point of an intellectual, let's try to focus on the topic, because to be frank, people don't like keyboard bullies, especially Arizona.

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
I believe in Love. I believe in Romance. I believe in Morals. And I believe in People. Marimbel, You're not alone in this. I feel the same way, I want to make the Earth a better place, and one day I'd like one person to be the focus of my love. But I know the reason why I cannot do both at the same time. If I desired to make the Earth a better place, then I can assume my will and God's will are one and the same. However, thanks to the writings of Apostle Paul, I also know that if I fall in love, then my focus will stray away from God's will and his plan for me, thence, becoming a servant of another. However, I would much rather serve God by fulfilling his plan for me until the day I am no longer needed and then reap the reward which he has in store for me. This reward, I am sure will be worth my time and effort.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I am not going to write another long response to this but yet again, i will say people need to stop thinking what they FEEL is true but only what they can prove. Google how emotions work. It is your neuro-chemicals. Please do your research before you rant.

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
Scholarly articles for how emotions work
How emotions work - Katz - Cited by 411
How emotions work: The social functions of emotional … - Morris - Cited by 139
Mood and emotions in small groups and work teams - Kelly - Cited by 370
Search Results

1. How emotions work | LucReid.com

www.lucreid.com/?p=745
    Sep 30, 2009 – Emotions start with a gut reaction to something: a face, a sound, an idea, a conclusion, or even some change within our bodies. But if we have ...
  2. Amazon.com: How Emotions Work (9780226426006): Jack Katz ...

www.amazon.com › ... › Mental HealthEmotions
    Rating: 4 - 2 reviews - $25.00 - In stock
    Many of the ways in which we express and react to emotions make very little sense. From the tears that mark both the best and worst moments in our lives to the ...
  3. Amazon.com: How Emotions Work (9780226425993): Jack Katz ...

www.amazon.com › ... › Mental HealthEmotions
    Rating: 4 - 2 reviews - $30.00 - In stock
    In How Emotions Work, Jack Katz observes situations ranging from a criminal's interrogation-room breakdown to a child's temper tantrum, and offers new ...
  4. How emotions work: Preference and action

www.slideshare.net/.../how-emotions-work-preference-and-action
    May 13, 2008 – Let me try to explain two instances of emotional influence on our ability to take action: Inheritance and Manipulation.
  5. How emotions work - Jack Katz - Google Books

books.google.com › PsychologyGeneral
    Many of the ways in which we express and react to emotions make very little sense. From the tears that mark both the best and worst moments in our lives to the ...

Last edited by a moderator:

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
googled it. what was i supposed to research now? emotions and love are still not the same. love isn't the motivating factors, it's the action produced. once again, love is a verb, not a noun.
chemical=noun
love= verb

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
And please do indulge me with another long response so that I may correct you once again, I'll keep going in hopes that maybe you can listen to others input and stop googling information to back up your argument against everybody.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Oh stop acting like you schooled me, most people do not equate love to an action and you know this, they think of it as an emotion. How can you refute science?

Intense positive feelings for someone=love, those intense positive feelings come from NEUROPEPTIDES. Come on dude. People on this website just want to argue to argue. You cant just say "Oh brain chemicals will do what they do" and write is off like that. Just because everyone here is on some neo-liberal hippie trip and who want to feel they know what is correct does not make it so in the real world.

"Love" is not something released by your body no, but an overwhelming surge of positive peptides to your cells is, hence love. LORD JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

M

Mouse

feelings are you're own personal reality. they are just as true and the next persons. Everything in the universe can be broken down into scientific terms but that doesn't make them any less amazing, thought-provoking, emotional, and true.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Love is not addictive? That is blatantly and objectively false. Feelings of love stimulate serotonin, oxytocin and norepinephrine just the same as religion, shopping, MDMA, opiates, cocaine, orgasms and food.

Everyone essentially wants the same things. The will to pleasure and rejection of subjective discomfort. Validation, a seperation from the negative aspects of society and to replicate their DNA. It manifests itself in different ways and there are different ways of dealing with the issues but the underlying motivation is the same.

You can wax poetic about it all you want but it's merely adding novelty. We also could talk about how lighting is the anger of Thor and rain the tears of Horus and all this scientific nonsense about positive and negative particles is stupid, but it would still all be masturbatory nonsense.

Reactions: Everymanalion

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
googled it. what was i supposed to research now? emotions and love are still not the same. love isn't the motivating factors, it's the action produced. once again, love is a verb, not a noun.
chemical=noun
love= verb

Love [luhv]
noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?

Love can semantically be used as a verb. As in the process of loving. But to cherry-pick in order to appear to win an arguement is quite shocking coming from a Christian®.

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Everything is An illusion if you dont believe in it. Believing in something is what makes it real.
Whether its an Illusion or not.
I'm an extremist;;
I believe in it all.

Rock on with your badself.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I am not going to write another long response to this but yet again, i will say people need to stop thinking what they FEEL is true but only what they can prove. Google how emotions work. It is your neuro-chemicals. Please do your research before you rant.

I'm not some hopeless romantic or anything, but, I don't think it matters where emotions come from. They could be from chemical interactions in my brain or a unicorn shitting happy rainbow poop into my heart - it doesn't make a difference in your lived experience.

P

Pheonix

If you really do think scientifically, then you know that nothing can be proven true, only false, it's called the Principle of Falsifiability.

And why is Google the proven authority on fact checking?

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
If you really do think scientifically, then you know that nothing can be proven true, only false, it's called the Principle of Falsifiability.

And why is Google the proven authority on fact checking?

Actually you have that backwards. You cannot prove a negative. You can only give a more actual explaination that inadvertantly proves another hypothesis unlikely. It is not up someone else to prove anyone wrong, burden of proof lies in the one making a claim. To falsify that claim is merely to test another hypothesis that is reproduceable and therefore explain a phenomenon better than the original hypothesis.

Are you familiar with the condition called Witzelsucht? It means to make jokes, tell irrelevent stories or pointless anecdotes uncontrollably especially in situations that are inapropriate. Like, say, a funeral for instance.

In 1929 Foerster was operating on a patient suffering from a tumor in the third ventricle – a small cavity deep down in the phylogenetically ancient regions of the midbrain, adjacent to structures intimately concerned with the arousal of emotions. When the surgeon began to manipulate the tumor, affecting those sensitive structures, the (conscious) patient burst into a manic flight of puns. He exhibited typical sound associations, and with every word of the operator broke into a flight of ideas. The sound of one word swiftly echoed in the sound of the next, and all of the words had something to do with knives and butchery. This gruesome humour, Koestler noted, all came "from a man tied face down to the operating table with his skull open."

If it is one thing human monkeys do best it is to give meaning where there is none. Especially when it reinforces their inherent narcissism. Chaos is not comfortable and is why real anarchy will never triumph. Take the glarring irony of the punk scene. It is by far the most compartmentalized, factionalized and hierarchical as it pitifully tries in vain to search for subjective relevancy to the point of making quasi-fascist in spirit.

Kamera

Reaction score
yeah love is great and so is the woods in northern california and trying to save the world but we'll prolly never save the world from capitalists or just dickheaded folks in general and love never seems to last. the woods arnt going anywhere though i hope to make my way back up that road again when the time for picking and trimming comes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads