Trying to find true love AND save the world... Anyone dealing with this shit?

marimbel

Reaction score
Maybe I'm relentlessly optimistic about the saving the world, but I really feel compelled to improve the current state of conditions somehow...

Also true love..... What the fuck is a healthy relationship? A mutual symbiosis between two people... Explain.

marimbel

Reaction score
It's all an illusion. But it's all I'm passionate for. Otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with my mind, my thoughts. I could go fuck off and live in the woods but I've been gifted with my abilities for a reason.

Reactions: 3knd and Teko

marimbel

Reaction score
super intelligence.
super strength.
I'm an autodidact.
empathy and intuitiveness.
creativite genius.

However, a part of me wants to think that humanity is fucked and to go off and live in the woods.

scatwomb

Reaction score
Work with like-minded people on things your passionate about. You could come up with strategies on how to dismantle capitalism or have a farm in the north country.

You'll probably fall in love with someone, or at least feel a very real connection in the process.

People who seek love are often those who never find it.

Just live your life and fuck shit up.

marimbel

Reaction score
Currently on route towards California to join occupational forces and perhaps some herb farming in the North.

My problem is that I'm so passionate with love it becomes overwhelming.

I'm overly passionate. I exude intense passion and in turn, aggression.

I may be overwhelming. It may be that I am merely 20 and have much energy and exuberance for life. It also may be that I am a hormone crazed, sex crazed 20 year old female but I suppress my innate sexual desires because I want to be made love to. It may be that I've become a hopeless romantic. Romanticism...... Ecoromanticism.... and Idealism.. ecoromantidealism...

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Well all I have to say is your normal..I hope that's not insulting to you :) Sometimes I miss those days, but then I remember my life between then and now.

Reactions: RubyOutlaw

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
romance isnt dead, but the idea of upholding the moral aspect of a relationship, keeping an healthy upkeep on both personal, physical, and emotional issues is long forgotten it seems though. at least as a whole. ive stayed off the road and pushed to many things i am passionate about off to the way side because i was in love. and when i realized doing so was damaging the relationship i was trying to work towards, i tried to change that, only to met with the utter fact that saving the world, making it a place that i could love and have it thrive in, making a foundation for my possible future children, all of that isnt worth the struggle of just barely getting by. having just enough money to feed our cats and ourselves. loving each other, enjoying the company of a individual that you love and cherish, embracing life's challenges together instead of alone wasnt enough to overcompensate the weight of not making enough money. not being able to go on vacations and trips to the beach/mountains/wherever because you cant afford the gas, food, time off work, etc etc. after putting so much effort forth to preserve what i thought to be a wholesome and pure action, all of that to be told i dont make enough. my love was real, my romance was true, but the fact that most people living inside the normal aspect of society no longer value the very merits and foundations that uphold a healthy relationship.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
There is no "love". Your body produces certain peptides that are released when you see, touch, spend time around a certain person, those peptides attach to "receptors" in some of your cells and you get addicted to that feeling so you keep going back to that person not because you love THEM but you love the way your body reacts. You are addicted to the feeling, not the person. Hence literal dependency and addiction. Biochemicals are interesting as all hell.

P

Pheonix

There is no "love". Your body produces certain peptides that are released when you see, touch, spend time around a certain person, those peptides attach to "receptors" in some of your cells and you get addicted to that feeling so you keep going back to that person not because you love THEM but you love the way your body reacts. You are addicted to the feeling, not the person. Hence literal dependency and addiction. Biochemicals are interesting as all hell.

you can't rationalize love, it's an irrational human emotion. comparing it to an actual addiction is also stupid, for the biochemistry is different. I think the word "addiction" has lost all it's original meaning in this highly-addictive society. I've actually meet many "drug addicts" that aren't actually addicted, but society will always try to tell them otherwise.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Love has already been "rationalized" and the addiction concept has nothing to do with drug addiction, your cells are LITERALLY addicted to whatever emotion the peptides that attach to it are from and exposed. If your body is used to creating negative peptides your molecular disposition, when the cell breaks creates a sister cell, is going to be that of the negativite emotion.

Same with love. Your body LITERALLY is dependent upon whatever emotion it feels the most, this is scientific fact. Positivity LITERALLY creates positivity in your body. Love creates love and hatred creates hatred. Saying it is irrational sounds like someone just wanting to believe what they FEEL and not what is truth.

To say that ANY emotion is irrational and not understood is to prescribe to pre-Darwinian theories.

Oh and for further reading on how neuropeptides work...

http://www.healthstresswellness.com/index.asp?pgid=72

Reactions: landpirate

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
No. It's comforting. I've been called mad nearly my entire life! Is romance dead?

Its not, but I don't think its something you can just seek out..its gonna happen or not..just roll with life, love yourself and live it to the fullest. Chances are if your true to who you are you will find that magick soon enough

P

Pheonix

Your body LITERALLY is dependent upon whatever emotion it feels the most, this is scientific fact. Positivity LITERALLY creates positivity in your body. Love creates love and hatred creates hatred. Saying it is irrational sounds like someone just wanting to believe what they FEEL and not what is truth.

It's funny you accuse me of believing what I FEEL when I have a very apathetic view of everything. If what your saying is true then I beat the addiction by never getting addicted in the first place?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
No, im accusing you of speaking out on something when you have no idea what you are talking about. Just because a christian believes in god is real does not make it true. You cannot refute scientific fact. And you prove my point even further, apathy is not an emotion, your negativity creates a lethargic and negative neuropeptide which in turn you have named apathy. I can give you endless sources on why you are wrong.

Im sorry but no matter how "different" you are trying to be, you have to accept the fact, even with your apathy, you are just the like rest of us and subject to the same universal laws.Your body is facilitating what it knows and what it is used to. Negative creates negative.

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads