Tribal anarchists living in the woods of sw Cascadia

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'm an anarchist & backwoods survivalist squatting wilderness in southwestern Cascadia and wandering the West Coast & western North America. I edit & write for Mischief & Mutiny Cyber-Press: a blog and journal of counterculture, underground media, and liberty. I spend much of my time backpacking and squatting a very sacred valley encompassing a string of meadow, the intersection of multiple streams, and much forest-land in an expansive mountainous wilderness area on/near the Oregon/California border. I try to practice a sustainable, low-impact, and simple lifestyle away from direct involvement with the Babylonian Empire we call mass-organized Industrial Civilization. I am working to organize a tribal collective of individuals to join me in simple living by coming out to the land and homesteading/wilderness squatting. A few have joined this forming tribe/primitive ecovillage. Nice to be here.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
nice man, and welcome. i am in the process of moving to portland, and a friend of mine(who is already there) and myself are getting a commune up and running. would be very interested in maybe exchanging ideas? whats worked for you? and im an avid backpacker myself...and would be new to the west coast mountains.

Prometheus

Reaction score
So far we are still forming, I have spent significant time on the land exploring, learning and constructing a semi-subterranean earth shelter. My major roadblock is the acquisition of resources without currency- a roadblock we can creatively overcome. Best thing we did is just let the tribe form organically as opposed to imposing a predetermined structure on it.

Reaction score
Ya man, keep the community updated on the progress about this at least semi-periodically if you can, it'll help bring people to it as well if its available to see rather than let it just get buried under the posts

Reactions: iSTEVEi

scatwomb

Reaction score
So far we are still forming, I have spent significant time on the land exploring, learning and constructing a semi-subterranean earth shelter. My major roadblock is the acquisition of resources without currency- a roadblock we can creatively overcome. Best thing we did is just let the tribe form organically as opposed to imposing a predetermined structure on it.

Just put an ad on craigslist listing all the stuff you need. Or search on there.

I know some folks in NYC who started this social center with all donated stuff from craigslist. And! They have a shiny pine floor!

Reactions: Prometheus

Prometheus

Reaction score
It is rotating, we are all nomadic or at least semi-nomadic folks so whoever isn't traveling is spending time in the sacred land or in Ashland/Rogue Valley. Visitation from comrades happens often (or almost never in the winter-months). I am up thee quite a bit alone as well but I enjoy solitude as much as I enjoy company and community! Here is a bunch of info for how to get in contact with us and more on who we are, what we do, etc: https://tribalecovillageproject.wordpress.com/about/
(Contact us quickly though because I will be leaving for the wildland in three days and will only have a deactivated survival phone for outside contact. I myself won't be back until mid-september at the soonest, october/november at the latest. I don't know if any other admins check the email or website contacts much but you can mostly always find folks who can A. contact myself or others at the site B. Give directions or C. Meet you and guide you. on the Facebook group- if you use facebook at all) https://www.facebook.com/groups/CascadeSiskiyouWoodcraft/

Prometheus

Reaction score
~Just a Disclaimer: What we are doing is experimental and flexible, it is not always fun, rarely easy, but it is fulfilling, raw, authentic, and enlightening. We are in danger constantly, the wrong fall or a run in with a repressive authority of Babylon, but through this we live in joy as well. We must be wise, tact, agile, and dynamic individuals with a strong heart and strong dedication. Be Warned. This lifestyle may not be for everyone, because this project is experimental and we ACTUALLY don't know. :)

ipoPua

Reaction score
sounds like you guys are into aaalll the kind of stuff i super wanna learn. primitive hunting, preserving, basically wild self-reliance in general. i'll be going west this november, really hope i can spend some time with you guys!! just sent a join group request. thanks for living the right way, cous.

iHaveRabiez

Reaction score
That's such a rad idea. I've always wanted to do something like that. I recently started planning a trip to the West coast although my gear is pretty minimal at the moment. The plan is to leave as soon as winter ends, as I'm a travel virgin, and don't know what to expect during the winter months. When I make it your way I will be sure to contact you.

Reactions: iSTEVEi

travelin

Reaction score
if its at the oregon/cali border i may be interested if there is actually a road into the place as im not much of a walker anymore.

i am currently involved in making a "money hit" as the wife and i call it, but within a month or so i might be able to come meet and spend some time.

note im not talking about living there, just visiting as im currently based in the san francisco bay region.

soapybum

Reaction score
Sounds awesome as hell. I'll be biking to CO soon, then NM and AZ, but maybe I could bike up west coast after that and check it all out.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads