treehouse squat in bc anyone?

ayron

Reaction score
rope swings , zip lines, bordwalks, all of it! fuck this is really gonna be fucking rad.

so in a month here im gonna scope out texada, round then the weather should be over it's self and warm up a bit. i hope theres enough sturdy trees around there for a solid community :)

is anyone else gonna be around the coast round the end of januaray and want to help comb the island with me?

also somthing else to think about, getting wood and other resources to the squat, any ideas?

ayron

Reaction score
Pools land! Yea that was it. It's too bad, I heard the guy ended up getting a lot of fines and had to 'close down' a lot of what he was doing. A little more organization and a few less acid induced 60's hippies living in busses and we might be able to make something of this plan. Don't forget rope swings! Ayron, is your picture taken in Tofino? I think I recognize that beach...

yeah dude its long beach! me and a friend hitched there from a guy not even going there! he ended up buyin us like a 6 pack and a 12 case too, :) i think the rope swings will really really make this that much more wicked too, no way can we forget em

ayron

Reaction score
ok so in a 2 weeks im gonna first scout out hornby island ( i have a few freinds there already who would be able and willing to help out) and if i cant find anything suitiable, im gonna head to texada. to be honest im much more inclined to set up on honrby. at MOST they have 2 cops posted on weekends, and thats a huge plus.

is anyone around wanting to meet up around the first n seccond week of feb?...or when ever 2 weeks is ? haha

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
I'm up on a farm until late spring/early summer so I won't be around to help out for a while, but keep updating in this thread on how the search goes dude! I'll have tons of ways to make sustainable, cheap greenhouses and farming ventures if we so desire by the time I'm done. Fuckin stoked dude!

tree hopper

Reaction score
im so fucken down to help if i make it out. n' i love tree houses.
....livin' out fucken loud is wat its all-a-fucken-bout :dablackpearl:

Onemanbandit

Reaction score
Well we know we'd have a huge amount of local support, hornby would be pretty ideal but adding ferry costs and everything might put some people off. I'm down, I know we could do it. Steal some chainsaws and shit, turn some soil, plant some crops, the first season is the most important because there's at least a margin of success it will attract a lot more people really fast. I'm down and you know we both know dozens of people who would be. Hornby is close enough to Comox valley that it'd be wicked for spange and dummpstering and "salvage" of useful materials from wasteful peoples garages and whatnot.

Onemanbandit

Reaction score
Wheels are in motion my friend. Anyone who wants information either message me or ayron. I took off with this idea a couple days ago and started talking to people, spent about 60 hours awake and played think tank, too excited to sleep. RIGHT NOW, we`ve got Ayron, a girl name Cuppy who knows how to build cob, and tend to goats, milk them and make cheese, my friend sean who is a friend of mine I lived outside with all last summer and played music with, and two of my other friends getting ready to go to the spot to plant the crop before we lose anymore of the planting window, the spot has now been decided on as CORTES ISLAND. I will have a map available soon and HOPEFULLY have a boat ready to use soon for access from campbell river to the exact location to avoid ferry fares and hiking, but any money would be very very helpful. I have kids in campbell river organizing tools that can be donated to the cause, and hopefully ayron will be meeting up with the other members of the crew so far VERY soon to go there. ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME OR AYRON. I am leaving toronto tomorrow morning to hitchike back to BC I`ll be there asap boys. Let`s doooooo this :) My name is Jesse by the way, facebook jess see stew wart

Reactions: Asar

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
Nothing better than intitiative, it sure beats talking about it. Jesse, lemme know when you're back on the island and I'll join in on this project.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
well, if people get stuck in the middle of a cold night on the big island and need a ride, or just need some help finding hard to find items from down island, or anything else i might be able to help with, just drop me a line for my phone number and I'll do my best to help out!

D

Deleted member 2626

Gonna be doin what you guys are talkin about. I'm gonna live in an outfitters tent with a woodstove. Cold here. It's my uncles land. No rent , no rules really either. 30 acres to live and I've been hunting and trapping and camping here for years. Gonna build a leanto for My wood and traps and fur stretchers and other gear. Might do some temp work or part time jobs but def. Gonna be self sustained and got a pond to fish too. Deer to hunt, longbow and woodbow and wooden arrows.

ayron

Reaction score
ok this is some good shit everybody, im heading to victoria monday, and grab some friends who might be down and also get some last minute gear and then off to cortes i go to start building! see yall sooooon!

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
ok this is some good shit everybody, im heading to victoria monday, and grab some friends who might be down and also get some last minute gear and then off to cortes i go to start building! see yall sooooon!

I'll PM you my phone number, i'm just north of Nanaimo, where it can ger harder to hitch up that way, if you get stuck, of need a hand getting up island, let me knows!

D

Deleted member 2626

Good luck man. I call it Independentism and it's the way to be. I hope it works out, gonna be some tough shit till ya get attuned to nature and survival. When i go to do it I'm gonna be doin shit for a few weeks before winter up, Gonna lay low and prob. Lone wolf it and become more closer to my site, a lot to keep ya busy. True adrenaline rush survival

Onemanbandit

Reaction score
THanks for all ythe support guys! I hitched to edmonton and I'm going for vancouver ASAP tomorrow morning, getting some sleep really quick. WE CHANGED LOCATION ATTENTION WE CHANGED LOCATION, it's going down on hornby. I SHOULD BE on the island like tomorrow. SO thank you very much sir "I live by nanaimo and can help out with rides" BECUASE I SPENT FUCKIN 9 HOURS ON THAT HIGHWAY IN FUCKIN FEBRUARY once and goddamn had ot walk back towards nanaimo. That's the only time that's happened to me though and I've done it like a hundred times. UHMMM ALSO ANY TOOLS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. Everyone go hop your local garden center fence and get some fuckin seeds or even soil adn fertilizer, A GIANT HOSE., is one thing we need. A GIANT ONE. As big as you can bring. ANy chicken wire dfeinitely, jars, fucking any camping supplies if you want. GIANT BOTTLES to make homebrew in. Those giant blue water bottles make nice drums and are light to bring in if you can get some. Any pot seeds fuck baby fruit tree if you see it on the side of the road you know. BOWS KNIVES HATCHETS AXES GOATS. Baby hcickens are cheap, and an egg a day is only a few weeks away, get a rooster we cna breed our own right. Fuckin TARPS I guess fuckin STEAL CLEANED FISHING NETS from net lofts. ROPE. It's not gonna be immediate but I know it will accumulate quickly. Let's keep this shit goin everybody. AnYONE WANTS TO COME MY FACEBOOK IS JESS SEE STEW WART

ayron

Reaction score
ok so this saturday im heading up to hornby with a compound bow and a hatchit. jesse im sure there will be lots of farming tools on the island we can use/borrow without worry.....infact just about everything your talking about we could get no problem im sure :)...cept for maybe the livestock...but i bet we could get em too as well!

this is gonna be fucking grand people, i hope we can all make it! see you fools there soon!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads