Travelling Europe, Need Inspiration

E

etpyh

Did you see Nideggen and the tank tread in the Eifel? creepy shit. i heard and felt ghosts there. also, there are still glasmeinen everywhere.
Can you tell me more about this? I know that Nideggen is a city there but can't imagine much about tank tread and ghosts there. Never heard about glasmeinen either :D

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
glasmeinen are special little glass landmines the nazis put everywhere in the woods. theyre undetectable and still function. Nideggens cool!! Check it out. The whole areas full of ghosts.

E

etpyh

Ah ok. Glasminen is the correct spelling, just to be correct. Still didn't know about them, though. So tank treads are just treads of tanks probably? Thought this might have another meaning I don't know.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
its the track of an M3 series armored vehicle! Go check it out :) Huertgenwald was the only battle the US lost in ww2.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
image.jpeg

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
Europe's full of such battlefields. It's almost as if there was nowhere untouched by war at some point :/

Picked up a bullet casing from a top of one of the hills at gallipoli not long ago. Tried to imagine soldiera climbing those Hills in the summer heat, towards walls of bullets.
Fucked up stuff.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads