Traveling Tomahawk | Squat the Planet

Traveling Tomahawk

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I'm planning on forging a tomahawk head that slips on and off of handles of any length. A train Graff writer i met would carry a tomahawk head and handle separately in a satchel - both are legal to carry so long as they're not attached.

I'm curious whether this is true everywhere? I'd make a leather belt sheath for the head and a loop for the handle if so, and wear both in sketch areas.

Thoughts in general?

Dmac

Reaction score
I carry one and have never been hassled for it. i also carry it with the ax head removed from the handle. also sometimes carry a folding pruning saw and have only been asked why, never been hassled for that either.

Reactions: West
Reaction score
I have a CRKT hawk with a 19" american hickory handle. Works awesome.

Attachments

• 20151003_154925.jpg
    20151003_154925.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 370

Driftwoodbnsf

Reaction score
I have forged railroad spike knives. I would like to make an axe head. Do you have any information on the process? I just saw all this and was curious.
I've seen a video on youtube of a cool tomahawk made from a railroad spike. Don't remember the exact title but with a little searching you should be able to find something. I also knew a guy who forged knife blades out of old leave springs from cars. He used a battery powered blower fan and charcoal as his forge. Worked pretty well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads