Traveling on a minibike/over powered moped | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Traveling on a minibike/over powered moped

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
cool beans, mofo.

hate to tell the harley boys this, but..
yer fucking minibike has more cc's than 10 of theirs, fucking combined..

Jamie charlton

Reaction score
Im really tempted to do a small call out to anyone with mopeds/minibikes that want to travel... Funnily enough the larger the group the easier. When you have like 5+ people it makes the chance of police hassel less due its that much more of a challenge/hassel for the police to actually do anything.. Also would be really awesome to have a group of people scooting accross the us on minibikes and mopeds

Reaction score
if youre worried about your gear getting wet contracte
cool beans, mofo.

hate to tell the harley boys this, but..
yer fucking minibike has more cc's than 10 of theirs, fucking combined..
ehhh i beg to differ.... also kind of confused are you using cc's as a ball reference such as "your moped has bigger balls than ten harleys combined" also i like to believe although a good 50% of harley riders are fat old men who only ride when its sunny 10 miles down the road some of us are long distance do or die riders... anyways if @jaimie charlton if your worried about your gear getting wet well ridding contractor bags or just regular trash bags work great

Jamie charlton

Reaction score
if youre worried about your gear getting wet contracte

ehhh i beg to differ.... also kind of confused are you using cc's as a ball reference such as "your moped has bigger balls than ten harleys combined" also i like to believe although a good 50% of harley riders are fat old men who only ride when its sunny 10 miles down the road some of us are long distance do or die riders... anyways if @jaimie charlton if your worried about your gear getting wet well ridding contractor bags or just regular trash bags work great
Just concerned for my guitar

Dmac

Reaction score
I really feel like you are going to get a lot of unwanted attention from the cops. I hope that I am wrong. Your upcoming travel should make for good stories. good luck.

creature

Banned
Reaction score
1st off.. CC's as balls..

not being disrespectfull to Greybeards or the soldiers of true & good fortune..

i *am* saying that probably *less* than 1 in 10 harley riders are hardcore enough to try & do his kind of ride..

no mistake, & i hope that clarifies.

that being said.. & looking at the laws..

the fucking, fucking, fucking FUCKING

LAWS

which keep a guy from puttering down backroads, slowly...

i think you are fucked..

most cops in a neighborhood might say "ha ha, ride it home, son & don't let me see you on the road again"

you *cannot* register a minibike in NY.. looking at other states.... well... nebraska?

NY is a Near Nazi fucking state.. you cannot even operate motorized fucking *bicycles*..

i hate.. **HATE** fucking new yawk, as a goddamned fucking fucked up fucking sick political entity..

i HATE it..

motorized bicycles are fucking illegal to drive on the fucking streets.

fucking *great*..

if nothing else? take yer pack & guitar & get the hell Out..

dig this fucked up piece of shit page:
http://nysdmv.custhelp.com/app/answ...ikes,-mopeds,-atvs-and-other-special-vehicles

"law enforcement officials can arrest you and give you a ticket for the violation of several traffic laws"

shitfuckers..

NYS is tin the lowest fucking 5 *worst* fucking states, politically, all around.. add can's ass & oak lame a hole & you get 3 of them..
(politically.. NOT geographically or culturally.. that shit has to be reserved for cities...)

you apoparantly *can* use it offroad..dunno if there's any offroad connections across the country, but an interesting thought..

shit..

i'm sorry i spoke up, man..

it yer sweet 'lil beasty can take you 100 miles into the untrailed woods & back again, & yet you can't even... but.. wait..
wait..

the *reason* they give that it cannot be registered is because "such vehicles cannot meet the required safety standards.."

hold on.. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=make+a+minibike+legal&t=ffab

searching 'how to make a minibike legal' no quotes

one fast link...

for dirt bikes.. http://www.motosport.com/blog/how-to-make-a-dirt-bike-street-legal

& this:
http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_it_take_for_a_mini_bike_to_be_street_legal

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/19488-mini-bike-street-legal.html

an interesting tidbit about tires, from the above.. "Or try to register it as a motorcycle since the engine displacement is higher then 50cc. This requires some additional things like DOT approved tired which I was never able to find for a 6" wheel bike.
I do not believe either requires turn signals and there are universal hand/arm signals that motorcyclists can use instead of turn signals."

DMVs are the most fucked up, stupid & evil creations within the bureaucratic interface between governments & US fucking citizens..
they are like farts from fucking satan..

in any case check out 'limited use motorcycles' & dig around on alternatives..

the main thing, if you decide to go ahead with it, is to put *active* fucking plates on it, using that specific vehicle to obtain..

anyways, another:
http://www.moped2.org/laws/new-york.htm

& an interesting point from findlaw.com : "For example, many states require all motorcycle seats to be at least 25 inches off the ground. "

(BTW, Eyegor, nice link!! thanks!!)

i saw a 60 or 70 cc bike registered legally in AZ.. fucking *sweet*..

check NJ & CT, too.. maybe you can hitch there & register, if anyone is willing to rent you a tent space or something..

way fucked up..

sorry, man..

but i'm down to help, if need be..

creature

Banned
Reaction score
& BTW.. this nation is fucking ***huge***...
you'd *probably* be best advised to use the most rural routes you can find.. things that take you along sectional dirt roads where cops don't enjoy going, or will be friendly to you, if they see you are just adventuring..

despite can's ass being a place of hellholes & dicks who hate longhairs & anyone who flashes any kind of hippy/alternative colors, you might be able to get through, though i advise avoiding..

look at Indiana, Illinois, etc.. possibly new mexico, if it goes slow.

if you do this trip on anything 125 cc (rated) or less, i vow on my sacred, drunken honor to assist..

Dmac

Reaction score
Do you have a head light and tail light? without them you won't get far. maybe you will get lucky and have not troubles.

Jamie charlton

Reaction score
I have both headlights and tail lights, reflectors all powered by a solar pannel and car battery in the milk crate. Also i know uts illegal af but personally... Thats what makes it fun, for the most part once i get put of NY the laws ate a little more lenient and i can pull the i didnt know card and hope to not get pulled over by the same cop twice. They have to hive a warning first so basically ut comes out to... What is this? Get it off the street. And instead i just get out of the area. I know pa aint gonna have to much of an isdue with it, neither Maryland, Virginia or north carolina. For the most part i just need to get out if the North east and im fine, im actually all geared up and ready to go, i was gonna leave today but its pouring rain.

Reactions: Dmac

Jamie charlton

Reaction score
Okay, the setup has changed.... The pack wont hold up, i now have panier on both sides, made anothed custom exhaust so i dont set the paniers on fire (straight pipe so now its loud af), now using a much smaller pack on my back and still thinking about guitar but probably just on my back. Also where the pack was is now a small 1 gal gas container. Front rig is still the same, ilk throw a pic up when i get the chance

creature

Banned
Reaction score
i notice you mentioned a car battery.. that might be a bit of overkill.. there are small 12 volts out there, if you come across them..

post up a pic.. sounds pretty amazing, regardless!!

Jamie charlton

Reaction score
Trust me as soon as i get the chance the car battery will be replaced with a smaller one. Also being charged with a solar panel on the top of the milk crate in the front. Thinking since im carrying a large af battery i might just add a cigarette lighter to power shit lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads