travelin kids

A

antfarm

oh i just use this computer that i built out of cardboard& dumpstered meatloaf rigged up to the power outlet at my off the grid anarchist farm collective that i travel with :lol:

H

Hoghead Bob

I have two good hands, two good legs, and a strong back. I have swept machine shop floors, cleaned toilets, dug ditches, and ran locomotives. I am proud to say I have always been able to put a roof over my head. Root hog or die.

D

danny boil

been ridin for about six, maybe seven years. since i was a young kid, tried working, payin rent, made me feel dead inside. its lame. whenever i make posts or whatnot i'm prolly at someones place, charisma gets ya far.. and so does knowin lots and lots of people round the states.

i'm originally from san diego, and whenever im round i tend to help my mom out with shit around the house, and watch my handicapped sis in exchange for booze and smokes, seeing as its the holiday season im in SD now, and i'm going insane from being inside.

cheers!

B

byrdster7891

munsters just acocky asshole who likes to start drama. he hasnt been riding that long at all, either. I haven't, either, but i dont go around starting shit with litle pubescnt scene kids who wears rags and such. thats not what this is about.

E

ericnobody

i've probably logged 500 or so miles. i'm a house punk right now. i squatted for about 2 years, i still dive as much food as i can to save what little money i get. i'm inyrending on hitin the rails again soon. i'd like to catch out with some kids, but if i can't find anyone to catch with, i'll just go solo. either way, the rails get in the blood. and i've been getting soft for too long.

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I don't see what is wrong with living in a house. Traveling is fun, but so is being in your home town and doing shit. I've been back in town for 5 months now, and I have started a local womens group, started a mixtape swap group, begun works on a zine, done two art shows, built 50% of a vw bus, built two bikes and countless others for people lacking mechanical skills, and am in the works for a skill share. The locals (or maybe transplants) give you shelter, donor bikes, advice, a place to cook the food you find, and most importantly they give you cool shit to do, seeing how it's their home town.

I hate the mentality of "summer riders" and the constant judgement based on how many miles someone has under their belt. It's not important, and does not make someone a good or bad person. If someone has a job it doesn't automatically make them a rich spoiled cooshy brat.

C

Clit Comander

ericnobody said:
i've probably logged 500 or so miles. i'm a house punk right now. i squatted for about 2 years, i still dive as much food as i can to save what little money i get. i'm inyrending on hitin the rails again soon. i'd like to catch out with some kids, but if i can't find anyone to catch with, i'll just go solo. either way, the rails get in the blood. and i've been getting soft for too long.
not talking shit or anything of that sort. But my first ride was almost 500 miles. keep on riding its worth it.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
just thought id butt in with my two cents:

if i had a son/daughter, id let him/her travel, but id be really serious about telling her everything she needed to know, and the two biggest rules would be "wait till yer 16" and, "never, ever, ever, travel alone"... oh, and NO DRUGS.

would that make me a irresponsible parent? ???

Labea

Reaction score
from my point of veiw, being a 16 year old daughter and all, i would have to say that it'd be pretty kick ass to have a parent that didnt want to report me every time i set foot out of the house.

munster iv'e known you for a long time and your still one the cockiest dimwits i have ever come across. and yes im bashing you it took you over a month to get a train out of boulder colorado and almost the same when we where in tempe. so ur not much of a traveler urself if u get technical with it. i really don't give a shit how long anybody been doin anything but if ur gonna bash kidz for having a life of their own you can fuck off!
anywayz let me repeat people are going to live there own lives and i already feel like a moron for participating in this discussion

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

odd said:
munster iv'e known you for a long time and your still one the cockiest dimwits i have ever come across. and yes im bashing you it took you over a month to get a train out of boulder colorado and almost the same when we where in tempe. so ur not much of a traveler urself if u get technical with it. i really don't give a shit how long anybody been doin anything but if ur gonna bash kidz for having a life of their own you can fuck off!
anywayz let me repeat people are going to live there own lives and i already feel like a moron for participating in this discussion

I wouldn't necessarily call this bashing. More like constructive criticism.

plenty of house punks let me crash on their couches because they care enough to keep me from sleeping in the cold. i don't base my opinion on somebody according to whether or not they go to college or work a job. it's asinine to do so. who knows, it might take this site to get some college kid to realize how much bullshit college is and hit the road.

Labea

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
Labea said:
Arrow, I was curious, would you/do you encourage your daughter to travel?
Hmmm, yea I think I will. She already has the bug ya know. But as I find my own desires for traveling aiming me towards further shores (Europe) I find her desires doing the same. I have made every effort not to really encourage her to hop trains or hitch. (I have had some super bad shit happen to me, as a girl, out there.) But I do try to answer any of her questions as well as I can, both as a traveler and as a mom. But my inner train tramp does get a bit excited when she asks me about specifics. We ran along a train in the car the other night. Followed with it for about 8 blocks. She said that she knew that it was too fast to catch, but maybe if it were going a bit slower. I told her that she was very correct and that unless you get really good at it, try to catch the first few from a stand still and not while they are moving. She told me that she will probably NEVER ride a freight, but that it still intrigues her alot. My dad lives nearby and her took her to lunch the other day. He said she had approached a nearby table of 'dirty punk lookin' kids'. She had walked over and asked if they were hoppers. They were all surprised and asked how she knew. SHe had them that her mom was 'retired' and that she has a lot of pics form the 'old days'. She said they all introduced themselves "with funny names mom" and when she started to part from them one kid patted her on her back and told her, "you're kool kid, you can ride with us when you are taller." HA HA HA I wish I could have been there to see the whole thing. Makes momma proud. I guess what ever she decides is up to her, but I really want her to try to at least get through part of high school before she takes off. (That's just the mom talking)

well that is still pretty cool. your daughter sounds kick ass! she has a lot of nerve to just go up and talk to people. i have a little bit of a problem with initiating convo with other kids my age, but if they start im fine.

C

Clit Comander

hey munster,
why haven't you left eugene.
o wait it's cause you got a job and and apartment. ha fag.
just kiddin zyana bren and jim say hey

all loss is in love. i love to lose things so i don't have to carry it.
this forum reminded me of a certain mind frame i had a couple years back. long story short i hated all yuppies, hippies and housies would have nothing to do with them xcept when they where giving me money i got bitter and got into alot of fights thinking my drunken ass was superior. found my way back home one day (i still don't know how the fuck that happened). my mother lives in a house and always gives me love to last me throughout all. my best freind is a perma fried super stoner way out of his mind hippy, and yuppies continue to keep me fed and my pockets full. i still make fun of hippes alot though i just can't help it. so ya that had nothing to do with anything but i damn well felt like saying it

shua

Reaction score
Ive only bin travellin a year or so, on and off i guess you can say. Ive got a bad habbit of staying in every major city i hit for too long haha

gotta say tho if its one thing i hate its travellers with elitest type attitudes.
"Ive bin on the road longer therefore im cooler then you and have every right to rag on you"
fuck off, it wouldnt make a differnce to me if you've lived in a house your entire life, your parents were perfect little yuppies or you'vve bin on the streets since you were 14 and your parents are drunks. good people are good people.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads