travel photography

wildwerden

Reaction score
so i was on the road for just over a month. dude, time flies out there yet at the same time, it feels like a lifetime. a different kind of a lifetime. got from ny to tennessee - chilled at the rainbow for roughly 3-4 weeks (some guy fell in love with me there and ended up following me home) - jumped around (went south, west then ended up back in bristol) & got stuck because ya'all killed it out there! the police and gas stations around the gathering were so pissed off haha. finally found a ride straight out of tn to a town 35 minutes away from my hometown. i took it (and got the worst sleep i've ever had in my life) and arrived home with a baby rat on my shoulder and a strange guy at my side. my parents didn't know what to make of it. but we've been out here for a month or two, getting odd jobs and saving up money. we want to get back on the road after the worst of winter passes. in a truck/jeep of some kind and just drive to where ever we feel like going.

i want to drag a camera along with me this time. like a dslr, not a point&shoot. i'll contact a couple of travel magazines/websites and see if they would be interested in collabrorating with me and make a blog and shit like that. maybe i can pull in a couple of bucks that way. i know photography is an extremely competitive field but i don't give a fuck. i just like to freeze time okay?

have any of you done this? tips/advice/conerns/warnings? i'm considering film / digital and each have their pros and cons. leaning towards digital. i probably won't get the top-of-the-line camera but definitely something of good quality. that bitch is staying around my neck/in my pack on my back at all times. what do ya'all think?

Reactions: ped
E

Earth

film rules.
you keep the negatives,
while every print is an original
as no two could ever come out exactly the same :)
- assuming you do your own processing

wildwerden

Reaction score
ya - i'm still trying to choose between film and digital.
it would be awesome to stick with film since i love the look film has as well as the control/sometimes lack of control during the processing but it is expensive as fuck! plus how can i process while on the road? i could ask around for access to darkrooms but just the chemicals, papers and film and everything really adds up. digital is warming up to me, unfortunately.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads