Thoughts on Austin? | Squat the Planet

Thoughts on Austin?

Belcross

Reaction score
I'm really thinking about packing up and heading out to Austin Texas but I'm not quite familiar with the area,I don't have a vehicle nor do I have a licenseso I'll pretty much be starting from nothing .can anybody give me personal experience about how easy it is to show up in austin with next to nothing and start over as far as resources they would have. I would literally just be showing up with nothing but what I have in my backpack and maybe a couple hundred bucks,

beginnavagabond

Reaction score
I was there last summer and it was okay. There was definitely a lot to do. Lots of nice parks and a good art scene but I couldn't bare the heat and the amount of homebums there asking me for a quarter.

Reactions: Phuen

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i personally think it would be an excellent place to start with almost nothing. i camped out in the woods there and rode my bike into town every day for about 6 months. i've posted about it several times already, so you should try using the search and reading those posts.

benton

Reaction score
Austin is great. It's about the be hot as fuck though.

There are resources. There is employment if you are into that. The bus system is quite good in my opinion.

The cops are strict but fair in my experience.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads