Video - Thinking of building a van similar to this..... | Squat the Planet

Video Thinking of building a van similar to this.....

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I had to share this van tour. This guy has got it FIGURED OUT. I want to attempt something similar. Anyone care to comment on the pros and cons of some of this equipment and setup?

BardoBard

Reaction score
Think Ive seen this guy before, the interior finish is pretty dank. Wonder if you can throw some fiberglass batts in there

Some vans are prone to fluid leaks coming from the ground up, so I would maybe make sure your floor is accessible / moveable for cleaning, otherwise you could have mold, smell or chemical problems

• Useful
Reactions: Coywolf

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
He could purchase one of those small portable toilets (available on Amazon) and slid it underneath the stove. That's what I would have in case I gotta go emergency poo poo! (No pun). I can see peeing in a bottle though.
For the party lights? I don't think so but that's just me.
Be nice to have I can afford a used van, it's just the money for putting something like that together + gas and insurance. My bicycle is my RV right now (no pun).
Thanks Coywolf for sharing the video!

D

Deleted member 24782

I'd recommend a Freightliner MT45, or any type of similar aluminum body Step Van with a Cummins 5.9/6.7 engine. Old Fedex/USPS delivery trucks. Good fuel mileage, easy to work on, lots of room, can find em at auctions for well under $5,000. Thats what 3 of my friends have done. My best friend as been living in one for 3 years. The automotive vans just don't seem like a enough space.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads