Thinking about Oaxaca | Squat the Planet

Thinking about Oaxaca

CheMu

Reaction score
I don't speak Spanish. I have a dog. And my visa for the states expires next week!
Talk about flying green.

Anyone have any contacts - hostels, friends, woofing, - or personal thoughts on Oaxaca?

Or anywhere else in southern Mexico? All opinions encouraged.

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
oaxaca and chiapas are great. some places in oaxaca get to be unbearably hot. and i dont mean, too hot for a gringo, i mean, too hot to even exist. so check that out beforehand. craziest thing is that some places are extremely warmer than others no matter the small distance between them.

If you are unsure about where to land first, go to san cristobal de las casas in chiapas. thats a beautiful and relatively safe place to be before you get used to be in mexico (if that stresses you). Also, theres a huge amount of travellers and a well developed alternative scene made both by chiapanecos, mexicans, latinamericans, europeans and northamericans. so you'll be connected and informed in a heartbeat there and you will be able to decide better after that. beware that its very easy to stay there for years (which is allright)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads