Things to know to be a good transgendered ally! | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Things to know to be a good transgendered ally!

R

Rstank

I am not sure how I would feel about that actually . . . the value of anything achieved through segregation is dubious at best. Maybe I would prefer increased dialogue in general? Not a hundred percent certain on this point mind you, I just have an uneasy premonition that the addition of a separate queer oriented forum might turn the rest of the site by default into a heteronormative wasteland (i.e. "I'm moving this topic into the queer forum").

Sort of smacks of banishment, to me. Not that I'm entirely against it; maybe it could be done properly... as I said, just something to think about.

A hearty "hear hear" to the rest of it though.
i was just thinking of a place more like where the issues could be brought up not necessarily segregated i agree it would be like...."and oh the 'gay' section"......i do want to open more discussion in general , this is a very good idea.....i thought maybe a group....since there is a "camp cunt" which i would think was to focus and try to hone in on what being a women is and what that means.....i figure maybe a group that people can discuss there gender and orientation and talk about there ideas and such......talk about and share there pains and pleasures be a tight nit group call each other for support and things like that....i think it would do well to open the lines for communication and have a safe place to talk be allies friends lovers whatever!

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
gays and transgender is something very very different different

For an "average joe" the first thought that pops into his head than he hears both terms is "Buttsex".

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Might I suggest what I call the Southern Approch.In this method,the question of how someone feeds whatever appetietes/identities/ideologies is rather unimportant.Folks that are straight,folks that are gay(using the term for both men and women),folks that are bisexual,folks that are transgender,folks that are transvestite,folks that are whatever(excluding pedophiles,there's a warm place and a pineaple waiting for those creeps);IT DOSEN'T MATTER!What matters is what sort of embarassing stuff they get caught in for a round of juciy gossip!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads