The StP Bandana Project | Page 8 | Squat the Planet

The StP Bandana Project

Kal

Reaction score
Looks good just add the train. I really like the mountains.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I dig the mountains. Maybe a picture of the Appalachians on the right and the Rockies on the left, clouds on top and bottom.

that's interesting, they'll definitely be unique when i'm finished.

Also, maybe you should upload a legend to define the symbols, because honestly, I don't know what a third of these things mean, haha.

ha, i'll make a list when it's all done :)

The mountains look too realistic, they don't really fit. You should get someone to hand draw them, I think it'll fit better and you'll save money.

Looks good just add the train. I really like the mountains.

yes, the train is coming :p

i know it's kinda hard to see right now, but the mountains are hand drawn, but due to the extremely low resolution of the example image i 'borrowed' from the getty images website (and then blew up 1000% to fit) it's super pixelated and hard to make out. the full resolution image will be a vector image that can be stretched out to fit without losing any detail.

some thoughts on placing orders...

so, i'm thinking about doing a small crowdfund (gofundme?) to take pre-orders. my thinking on this is that i only have about 500 bucks to my name right now, and i need that to pay rent next month, so it's kinda hard for me to risk 400 bucks on printing these... the way i figure it, if we can get 40 orders placed for $10 bucks each, that'll cover the printing costs, and everyone can get a bandana. i'll also have some leftover to sell and give away in some contests and whatnot. does this sound like a good idea?

Reactions: Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

nomad89

Reaction score
some thoughts on placing orders...

so, i'm thinking about doing a small crowdfund (gofundme?) to take pre-orders. my thinking on this is that i only have about 500 bucks to my name right now, and i need that to pay rent next month, so it's kinda hard for me to risk 400 bucks on printing these... the way i figure it, if we can get 40 orders placed for $10 bucks each, that'll cover the printing costs, and everyone can get a bandana. i'll also have some leftover to sell and give away in some contests and whatnot. does this sound like a good idea?

I think that's a really good idea.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The heart bike gear is microcosm and actually there are two other people affiliated with that organization. Sorry I didn't really reply for a while

they might print patches of it, but i very much doubt it's the 'symbol of microcosm' or that they have any kind of copyright over it. if you can prove otherwise, let me know, but until then i'm going to keep it.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
UPDATE: CLICK HERE to be taken to the order page or send your paypal payment to feedback@squattheplanet.com! don't forget to send me your address! Each bandana is $10, shipping included (international please add $3). Once we raise the $300 needed to print these, I'll be shipping them out to you asap!

ok, after a long day or working on this, here's the latest version. as you can see it's very close to being finished. i added the mountains, and there's no longer any blank spaces. if you think i should change any of the symbols, let me know:

Bandkerchief_StPv3.jpg

I added a moon and stars to the mountains on the left, and a sun and clouds to the mountains on the right. added a guitar and violin, replaced the molotov with a train, made the line thickness of the A's and N's thinner... i think that's it.

the only two symbols i'm not super in love with at this point is the campfire, and the 'travel is rebellion...' logo, since that's an unfinished stp logo i'm still working on. so that may or may not be in the final product:

stpplanetlogo.jpg

but, we're about 95% done. opinions?

Last edited:

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I like the idea of the campfire but that particular symbol sucks. The fist and bunny on the top left im not digging either.

Other than that this is a fucking phenomenal bandana. I love the mountains and bolt cutters. Ill buy several of these.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'm now taking orders through gofundme:

scratch that. it's too confusing taking money in multiple places, so we're taking payments for the bandanas through paypal only, using the donation button (or you can send it via email to StP's paypal email account, feedback@squattheplanet.com). and of course, make sure to PM or email me your mailing address!

and just to let folks know, i believe i previously stated that the majority of the money was going to be used for my school stuff, but since that all fell through back in september, i would like to let everyone know that i plan to use the majority of the money for StP related projects. mainly, i'd like to create an StP radio station that anyone can contribute tracks to. I'll post more info about that later, but just so everyone knows, any profits from this campaign will be going back into StP itself.

even if you can't afford or aren't interested in a bandana, please take just a moment to post to your facebook, twitter, etc, and let all your friends/family know about this project. we need to sell 45 bandanas at $10 a piece to make up the costs of printing 100 bandanas, so I could use all the help I can get in letting everyone know about this fundraising campaign!

if you're ordering a bandana internationally, please add a few extra bucks for international shipping (3-4 bucks?)!

oh, and last thing, keep in mind that this would make a cool gift for someone for the holiday season, etc, blah blah blah, bah humbug (<--not an xmas fan).

Last edited:
Reactions: Anagor and Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, so i just realized that gofundme doesn't use paypal (they use 'we pay'), so if you'd like to order a bandana using paypal, simply use the donation button on the right hand side of the front page of the website. make sure to send me a pm with your mailing address!

Reactions: Kal

nomad89

Reaction score
bleh, just saw your post right after I posted, ignore this one

I sent money via 'gofundme' and PM'd you my address on StP. Is that kosher or would it have made more sense to send my address on the other site?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads