The StP Bandana Project | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

The StP Bandana Project

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
It looks great so far with the symbols Matt!

As for the extra symbols, I think it's going to be hard to find more to fill in the empty space so maybe make the bandana look something like this?

657564-black-bandana-with-white-ornaments--no-transparency-and-gradients-used-in-the-vector-file.jpg

The little designs spaced out around in a circle could be the symbols and then you could fill the space with a cool abstract design. The four corners and the middle would be replaced with the symbols you already have. Hope this helps.

I agree! Otherwise the bandana seems a little dry and empty. Let's focus on picking the main highlights of course but once that is done it'd be excellent to fill out the pattern with some classic mandala/paisley bandana patterns. Looks great already though! In the transfer it'll look a little less polished looking and way more badass!

I have to say though...the star at the top looks a little hokey. Sorta reminds me of a tattoo from the dollar store. Just my thoughts! Everything looking great otherwise.

buffalobill

Reaction score
A jack knife would be just the right addition aswell as a zippo and they could be really close to each other as if you were to pull them out of your pocket but opened .you k ow what im saying? But could be. Alittle childish who knows haha

Reactions: ellilis

DonnyDerelict

Reaction score
I don't remember where I saw it, but I came across a little upside-down stick-possum with X's for eyes. I thought that would be neat as fuck for the bandana coz me and a few of my friends eat roadkill. :p

Ooh, and those little dead Jesus fish are always funny.

Reactions: biometreker

xRENx

Reaction score
sorry a little late on the comment but correct me if i'm wrong, i thought the bunny holding the wrench was for animal liberation? it doesn't get more outlaw then that! when liberating bunnies becomes outlawed, only outlaws will liberate bunnies haha. anyway looks badass matt, not for me though but its still badass

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Spooner

Reaction score
okay folks here's the latest update. like i stated before, when going to print the symbols and road/tracks were way too huge, so i shrunk them down to a more reasonable size. this created a lot of blank space for more symbols, so a spent a few hours searching for some and came up with a few which you can see in the image below. at this rate, it looks like i'll need another 12 images to fill in the rest, and then we'll be ready to print. so if you have suggestions, please let me know! it took me several hours to find the 9 new images i put in, so i could really use the help :)

now, as for printing... like i said before, i ordered about 50 black bandannas, but the quality wasn't that great, and they were cut weird (21 x 20 inches???) and so i decided to say fuck it, and eat the cost, cause the fabric just isn't up to spec. in the interest of time and trying to make these available as soon as possible, i've decided to pony up the $360 (+shipping) it'll take to have a real screen printer print this on proper fabric (and in the correct size :p).

so... as soon as i can get the design done, i'm sending it out to print. when it gets back i'll start taking orders. the more ideas you give me, the sooner the design will be finished!

So enough talk, here's the latest version:

View attachment 17742
can I send you the money now while I have some on paypal?

MirrorLamp

Reaction score
I think it looks fine with the blank spaces. The way people are gonna wear it you wouldn't be able to see half the symbols anyway. And the emptiness gives it a minimalistic beauty, like a black flag fluttering in the breeze.

I'm also highly opposed to the Guy Fawkes mask because come on man, that shit is weak. Why don't you put a bitcoin symbol while your at it? That'll show "the man".

Reactions: klaiash and Landon

MirrorLamp

Reaction score
Although, if you really want to fill that shit with symbols, you might consider the IWW logo. They're a pretty good organization, and a lot of their early members were hobos, so it's relevant. You might wanna shoot them an email to see if it's cool though.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think it looks fine with the blank spaces. The way people are gonna wear it you wouldn't be able to see half the symbols anyway. And the emptiness gives it a minimalistic beauty, like a black flag fluttering in the breeze.

I'm also highly opposed to the Guy Fawkes mask because come on man, that shit is weak. Why don't you put a bitcoin symbol while your at it? That'll show "the man".

i'm actually extremely pro both anonymous and bitcoin. if you knew anything about bitcoin, you'd know that it was specifically created to overthrow the power of governments over the economy; so yes, it's "showing the man".

that said, i don't really feel like it fits the design of the bandana, but i threw it in there just to see what people think, so i do appreciate the feedback.

Although, if you really want to fill that shit with symbols, you might consider the IWW logo. They're a pretty good organization, and a lot of their early members were hobos, so it's relevant. You might wanna shoot them an email to see if it's cool though.

not a terrible idea... if i had to guess, i'm fairly sure there's no copyright on that symbol (or it's public domain).

The right hand lower corner makes it look unbalanced with the extra symbols in it. The other 3 corners need a little something, maybe? Maybe filling in with the paisley/mandela/whatever would fix that.

I would buy it like it is, though!

i appreciate that! the reason the rest is blank is because it's a work in progress, so we're trying to come up with ideas to fill the blank parts :)

current plans:

i think i'm gonna nuke the guy fawks mask, just because i don't think it quite fits the theme (although i'm a little bit disappointed to hear so many mis-interpretations of that symbol). i'm also going to take out the nautical star, cause it doesn't fit that well either.

i'll find a replacement for the star, then one or two more symbols then probably just repeat it over the rest of the bandana, then it'll be done. i'll post up an image of the final product before printing it.

can I send you the money now while I have some on paypal?

i want to say yes, but i want to be sure that this is a 100% ready to go product before i start taking anyone's money, just in case something happens. i'm in a pretty big time crunch right now since i'm moving to austin on december 2nd, have two networking certification exams to pass, this project and a ton of other stp stuff.

so, gimme just a few more days to make sure i can pull this all off and get these bandanas to you before i move.

MirrorLamp

Reaction score
i'm actually extremely pro both anonymous and bitcoin. if you knew anything about bitcoin, you'd know that it was specifically created to overthrow the power of governments over the economy; so yes, it's "showing the man".

that said, i don't really feel like it fits the design of the bandana, but i threw it in there just to see what people think, so i do appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, I know about bitcoins. It's more than a little idealistic to think they're going to do away with government interference in the economy.

I'm not /against/ anonymous or bitcoin per se, it's that they've become strongly associated with greasy right libertarians.

Not that their inclusion would dissuade me from buying the bandana, obviously I'm not going to agree with all the symbols, but I figured I'd give my two cents.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Yeah, I know about bitcoins. It's more than a little idealistic to think they're going to do away with government interference in the economy.

I'm not /against/ anonymous or bitcoin per se, it's that they've become strongly associated with greasy right libertarians.

Not that their inclusion would dissuade me from buying the bandana, obviously I'm not going to agree with all the symbols, but I figured I'd give my two cents.

fair enough.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
I am definitely interested, please keep me up to date and a price...These will be rad. ::bag::

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
so, i came up with this addition that kind of filled things in pretty well. it's a border of mountains, which fills in the black space pretty well, and i'll probably be adding in some clouds and stuff too. i'm also going to add a train and guitar in there somewhere, so it'll almost be done. i wanted to get everyone's opinions though on the mountains, because it's an image from getty images so i gotta pay like 15 bucks for it. so before i start dropping money i wanted to see if it's something ya'll would like:

Bandkerchief_StPv2_blk.jpg

oh, also, in this version i removed the liquor bottles. keep in mind the mountains are low res versions of the actual image, and i just slapped them in to give you all an example of what they'll look like, obviously the finished product will not have the mountains cut off at the bottom, etc. anyways, mountains or no mountains? what do you think?

Reactions: Raskolnikov and Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads