The StP Bandana Project | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

The StP Bandana Project

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Doing a bandana is a good idea, most people want to do t-shirts. This is more unique.

Reactions: ellilis

hobotrucker

Reaction score
Very interesting project! I will definitely be after a couple of these once they're ready. As some of the other folks have suggested, I would definitely add STP to the design. In fact, I would have it where it went across my forehead when folded up and worn this way.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Maybe a small tribute to our most loyal rd's the four-legged ones that share their love, protection, and warmth (often litterally).

aww, that's so sweet. i think an image of a dog would be great.

Reactions: dprogram

hobotrucker

Reaction score
A road "dog" literally makes sense. I was on the tracks one day back in '03 when I met this white and black border collie that just wouldn't shoo away for anything. Because I was close to farm land, I figured he must be someone's loyal companion. However, he had no collar and wouldn't be swayed after I showed him a little affection. That night, I set up camp and he stayed with me. A group of menacing bats showed up and were swarming down towards the tent. The dog went crazy, even snapping at a few of them and they eventually left. Next day, I started walking and the dog continued behind with no looking back. I decided if the dog wouldn't stop following me, I would allow him to be my new friend and travel along. Sure enough, he stayed by my side and we continued down the tracks for a few days and later became my best friend. I named him hobo as the meeting spot fit and we traveled for many a mile together.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Maybe have a circle heart and peace sign instead of just the squatters rights and anarchy so its different on every corner. Or circle E if those are too hippy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Bandkerchief_StPversion.jpg

Okay! new version of the design up! Thanks to @ellilis we now have an awesome dumpster image as well as a bindle stick! also:

Maybe a small tribute to our most loyal rd's the four-legged ones that share their love, protection, and warmth (often litterally).

thanks to @ellilis ' awesome adobe illustrator skills, we now have a sweet looking doggie in there!

Maybe have a circle heart and peace sign instead of just the squatters rights and anarchy so its different on every corner. Or circle E if those are too hippy.

I've been thinking of something like that, but in order for it to work, we'd need a 4th symbol as well. the circle E came to mind, but i'm not totally sold on a the peace sign, so we'd have to come up with something else.

As you can see, it's looking pretty close to finished. As always I'd like to get your input on this and see what you think! we techincally still have room for 2 or so images if we remove some of the duplicates, so if you have any ideas, let me know!

GinGin

Reaction score
I like that last design but I'm not really feeling the anarchy an squatter symbol. I feel like if they were the gears as originally designed it would be the best. Trains, bikes, cars, and boats( sailboats too maybe?) all have gears anyways so I think I would be a simple and somewhat "unifying", if you will, motif everyone can get behind. Also not really feeling the stp being on it, like others said before, I'd feel like a walking billboard. The map on the back would definitely be a cool addition tho. Just throwing this out there too it might be cool to have a blank rectangle the owner could stitch their name in. Pretty cool regardless tho :)

DocRoberts

Reaction score
I like that last design but I'm not really feeling the anarchy an squatter symbol. I feel like if they were the gears as originally designed it would be the best. Trains, bikes, cars, and boats( sailboats too maybe?) all have gears anyways so I think I would be a simple and somewhat "unifying", if you will, motif everyone can get behind.
This, the map, and a small nameplate are particularly interesting ideas. The map would provide an especially interesting touch. Though, if you were to include the odd free space here and there, it could be a spot for those you've met to stick their name in.

Then again, they could do that anywhere.

Sip

Reaction score
Man, can't believe I haven't commented on this yet. Really loving the bandanna, Matt. Can't think of much I'd change. Looks like you have pretty much everything covered. I want one for damn sure.

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Nice lookin out with solidarity for all the bindlestiffs! lol
I love it, I think it's coming along nicely! The inner icons are a hoot! I ADORE the itty bitty dumpsters and the pup!
Definitely worth 10$ for me, especially if it helps the site!

The only thing I'd change is the corner icons /and how large they are;
I'm not especially inclined toward the anarchist philosphy, I'm more of an observer, lol. I don't disagree with the philosphy, it's jsut not for me, and now-a-days with anrchists being a so negatively high-profile, I wouldn't want to advertize the wrong ideas, walking around town :/
I don't know, I think there maybe be quite a few people like me (for myriad reasons concerning the corner icons), who might be thrown off from wearing the bandana because of them.
Maybe bring back the bike gear icon in one corner,
and a maybe a car wheel in another? Or a hoboglyph related to squatting?

I'm definitely going to folding it with the W symbol facing out, cause I'm a snob and the West Coast is the Best Coast.
I'd like me some wheel action on the West side, yadida?
I know you've already got a gear on the W side, and a bike icon on the E side, though, but North or South could work, right?

Reactions: ellilis

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay, so i'm loving a lot of the ideas, but i there's just too many to fit everything. so... i'm going to say we're just about done, with the exception that there seems to be a bit of debate about the corner images.

personally, i think a good comprimise might be to remove the circle a's and replace them with more circle n's. but, before i do anything, i figured i'd put it up to a poll. so everyone should go vote on the poll at the top of the thread. there's an option for those that want anarchies, no anarchies, bike gears, etc. so go vote!

Awesome! when can I get one?

as soon as we get this last issue settled, i'll start doing the initial printing. also, i'll be posting the adobe illustrator file up for anyone that wants to use it, modfiy it, or screen print it themselves :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads