The StP Bandana Project | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

The StP Bandana Project

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Awesome! Me and @baphungle think the design/idea is awesome!
But no rep for the rubbertramps? Poopoo!

Reactions: ODBeef

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
I don't know about adding squat the planet in there. It'd be nice to get the site some extra exposure but I don't want to pay to basically advertise for you on my neck. Although I absolutely wouldn't mind if it's subtler than a gigantic "SQUATTHEPLANET.COM"

Either way I'll buy one

Last edited:

Hylyx

Reaction score
Love it!
How about a squat key, since it is for squat the planet? Haha, maybe you could make one of those pictogram puzzles to represent StP.

Also, someone I may or may not know made these bandannas a few years back. https://www.etsy.com/listing/85228426/ows-bandana-black
They have a bunch of useful info around the border, ACLU and NLG numbers, and other good tips. Maybe we could think of a few specific to travelling and put them on there? I always like my things to be as utilitarian as possible...

Definitely in for at least one!

Carmelita

Reaction score
Hell yeah lookin good! Im in for one or two for sure. Im at the same place as ^ TheWindAndRain ^, up one for STP on it, up one for incognito political symbols.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Whatever you do, please don't put squattheplanet.com on it in bold or large letters, as someone else mentioned it would sorta detract from the essence I think you're going for and give it somewhat of a walking advertisement or brand aesthetic.

Haha I actually never intended to put any kind of plug for StP, since I figured it would speak for itself and folks can tell anyone that wants to know where they got it.

If I did put a plug, it would probably be a tiny "www.squattheplanet.com" along the edge on one side.

Love it!
How about a squat key, since it is for squat the planet? Haha, maybe you could make one of those pictogram puzzles to represent StP.

Also, someone I may or may not know made these bandannas a few years back. https://www.etsy.com/listing/85228426/ows-bandana-black
They have a bunch of useful info around the border, ACLU and NLG numbers, and other good tips. Maybe we could think of a few specific to travelling and put them on there? I always like my things to be as utilitarian as possible...

Definitely in for at least one!

Ha, I've totally seen that bandana before its pretty great. It would be cool to have some kind of neat info on it like that but it would most likely be just a little too much/too crowded.

I still like the idea of putting a map on the back, but that's twice as much paint, work, etc. And I want to make sure the first run is a high a quality as possible before I start going buck wild with crazy ideas :)

Oh, and what do you mean buy a squat key? You mean like a water key? Or a crowbar?

Does the suggested 10$ price tag go to the website donation?

I'll definitely be using part of it to pay server costs, but this is a mostly for-profit venture, since there's a lot of stuff I need before I start school. If you're asking if purchases will show up on the donation meter, probably not. I mean, you *could* donate 10 bucks then send me a pm with where you want your bandanna sent.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Think you could post one to Australia?
i don't mind shipping internationally, but keep in mind you'll have to pay for shipping, which may be expensive or take a long time. i can't imagine it would take that long though, it's just a piece of cloth :)

Hylyx

Reaction score
Crowbar or water key, either way. Something squat-related, anyway.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
i like the ideas so far. the first design is cool, but i think the symbols should be a bit smaller and slightly more hand drawn looking. putting "squat the planet" on it would be cool, but imo there's no reason to put ".com" on it. anyway i like what i see. wish i had some input for ya. i'll be sure to get one once you finish them up.

ellilis

Scavenger
Reaction score
Website
ellilis.tumblr.com
This is so awesome that this is going to happen! I like how you made the vertical borders into roads: nice way to incorporate it! I'm happy to "hand draw" in the symbols in illustrator if it's any help, not that I imagine the task is too difficult ;)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This is so awesome that this is going to happen! I like how you made the vertical borders into roads: nice way to incorporate it! I'm happy to "hand draw" in the symbols in illustrator if it's any help, not that I imagine the task is too difficult ;)

actually, could you? i'm a total illustrator noob, and my circle a/squat sign aren't coming out too well:

Bandkerchief_StPversion.jpg

for anyone reading this, this isn't an official design, i'm just testing to see what various things look like on it... but of course, feel free to let me know what you think!

Reactions: anaisninbynumbers

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@ellilis how do you get those neat wavy lines that make it look hand drawn? i've been mostly copying and pasting your previous lines and manipulating them to where they need to be.

ellilis

Scavenger
Reaction score
Website
ellilis.tumblr.com
@ellilis how do you get those neat wavy lines that make it look hand drawn? i've been mostly copying and pasting your previous lines and manipulating them to where they need to be.
I drew em in so they'd look hand-drawn ;) Just preferred that style to straight. You did great in however you manipulated the road and whatnot. :) I can make the symbols you have here (anarchy etc) in ellilis-hand-drawn-style for sake of consistency and send em on?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I drew em in so they'd look hand-drawn ;) Just preferred that style to straight. You did great in however you manipulated the road and whatnot. :) I can make the symbols you have here (anarchy etc) in ellilis-hand-drawn-style for sake of consistency and send em on?

that would be fucking fantastic. i'm even worse at drawing with my hands (than in illustrator) :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads