Video The Mobile Home Conspiracy

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Holy Fucking Shit.

I am posting this video to inform people, who would want to care, about how terrible the housing crisis is in this country. I ran across this John Oliver video on Bernie Sander's Facebook page. It explains how large corporations are buying mobile home parks, and jacking up the rent to force residents to move, with the end game of demolishing them and turning them into developed homesites, essentially ending affordable housing in America. Capitalism at its greatest.

This just....I cant. Im so pissed off after watching this (PS, its also comedy, and hilarious, so I'm pretty conflicted at the moment):

SaltyCrew

∆-FLY LOW-∆
Reaction score
When they succeed with this, the housing dynamic will change. Think China, Hong Kong specifically. People there literally pay money to live in a 4x8 space that looks like human PO mail boxes. It's pretty fucking sad really.

I'm glad we have a community here that is mostly boycotting all this fucked up shit going on, it's the only way to win. STOP CONTRIBUTING to things you don't agree with. Period.

Reactions: roughdraft

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
There are also companies that go after people who own trailers and the property they're on. The deal is they provide you with a brand new trailer and in exchange, instead of giving them money, you sign the land over to them when you die. They mostly aim for seniors.

• Useful
Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads