Thailand, SE Asia December 2010-->whenever | Squat the Planet

Thailand, SE Asia December 2010-->whenever

Reaction score
Just putting it out there, flying into Bangkok end of November. Will be headed to Chiang Mai and various points north then to Cambodia. If anyone has contacts of other punx, travellers, not yuppy backpackers, i am in the market for some places to crash.
Will probably end up in Indonesia and ride a train or two.
Thanks!
-amelia

stove

Reaction score
There is a...community center? Or something like that, not quite a squat, dunno what exactly, but they let people stay on the roof for free, or chip in a few bucks and stay indoors. It's abuot 2km from Khao San road in BKK, called "The overstay". Might be worth checking out, I hung out a bit there but it was pretty empty while I was there.

Advice: Rent a bike in Chiang mai, buy the good riders map (everyone knows what I mean there), and go on day trips to get used to them. Then just go nuts in the hills for a fe days, having fun getting lost, etc. it's a blast.

Pai is an hour or two north west of Chiang mai, it's a hippy chill town with a few old hippies. If you head up there look up a bartender named "bock" in the center of town, he'll hook you up with nearly anything.

DONT DONT DONT carry herb across road checkpoints. Sometimes they have dogs, totally randomly, and you can get seriously fucked. It's not worth it. Besides, in all these little towns, just find a backpacker bar, ask the bartender, and you'll get a 500baht pack.

makan kotoran

Reaction score
yeah there is the community house in Bangkok and and Chang Mai. Fucking hop trains!! it's amazing there, but don't do it alone, pretty notorious for getting rolled. and in southern Thailand there is a massive amount of guerrilla warfare because the Muslim community wants to create it's own state.
have fun, I may be there around the same time, heading north again soon.

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the tips. As it stands I am traveling alone so I am totally down to kick it with other people. I'll be in the region until March before heading to Australia so i have a lot of time on my hands.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Cambodia is where its at, make sure to visit the abandoned train yards in Battombong and Phnom Pen.

Reaction score
I'll be there in December til I don't know, and was looking to stay in Bangkok at The Overstay. Apparently they have a floor as well as the roof where you can crash if you are broke, it's a hostel/squat/bar with like 6 floors. I also have contacts for Malaysia and Singapore, DIY hardcore kids. I'll hit you guys up.

I also want to ride freight if possible and do a little natural building/permaculture there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads