teflon coated fabrics?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
So I'm wondering if anyone has tried the newfangled clothing that has been teflon treated, I'm not too familiar with it being on stuff other than pots and pans (which I don't like).

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
Finn ill agree with you that when it comes to pots and pans...etc. Teflon is not good but that is only because heat is being applied to it... For cooking at home ill take cast iron any day!

only for some things though, I like copper a lot it works nicely. (now if I could only afford it)
as fot the clothing I've never tried but you have peaked my interest winder

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Well, I now have some cargo/fatigue type pants of silicone treated fabric, and it's pretty amazing how stain resistant it is. My knees ground into some mud and it dusted away completely a few hours later. It's water resistant, not waterproof, but it's as breatheable as regular fabric. It'll be interesting to see how durable it is.

Of course, I'd like to see it on regular baggy fatigues. The ones I have are not as loose as I'd like them- given that my legs are pretty thick compared with my waist...

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i just liberated a fancy wool hat.....upon examinign the tags it states it was made with a teflon coating....this i guess helps to waterproof it as well as make it pop back inot shape after being crushed..haha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads