Taking a dog to Europe?

wetcat

Reaction score
i flew with my black lab from NYC to bergen on Norwegian airlines. she's a service animal and flew at my feet, no extra cost. got a EU passport when i got over here and have alright. a lot of people are scared of dogs that I've noticed. that and buses its harder to just walk on. some boarders you need to notify them at least 24 hrs before entering. also a lot of places tend to be more careful of dogs because of people being allergic. but overall its been good. i wouldn't do it without her. about to try a swedish bus and use the service animal thing. i do have service animal tags. no doctor paperwork. i was told i have PTSD from a crazy intense weekend in colorado. i don't know though if that will work here. we will see

ATX

Reaction score
Hell yeah man, that's a lot of good info. Makes me feel a lot better. Got two questions though, if you don't mind. How big is your dog? I pull the service dog thing all the time, mines about 65 pounds. Secondly what did they ask you for arriving in Europe? It seems to be regulated on the website, but from my experience traveling to the US/Canada/Mexico no one ever asked me for shit.

uniparemassilmas

Reaction score
Hei. I know a guy from Canada who somehow got fake papers, that... umm, I don't remember exactly what was his cause, but that he just mentally can't go anywhere without his dog. And they let him to take his dog to plane. She (dog) was australian cattle, so little bit smaller than your dog seems to be, from picture, but I guess it doesn't matter what is your dog breed, if you have this paper. If you want I can ask this guy what he had to do get this paper ;)
But yeah, you also need to have vaccines and and passport for your dog, they might check it in Europe. :)

Good luck, and let me know if you want me to contact this guy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads