Street art | Squat the Planet

Street art

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
Anybody intrested in graffiti art? I dont mean just tagging a wall real quick, i mean something badass and original.

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been working on some big stencil projects lately. Previously I'd just done page-size stencils.
And I like throwing waterballons full of paint off high buildings, paintin' the sidewalk.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
Sounds like alot of fun id love to see the finished project!

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
Yeah i hear ya i am struggling with money pretty bad at the moment.
No cash flow is making it hard for me to want to do the art projects i have in mind.

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Same. I've got a ton of ideas just sitting on paper. Great ones, that I just can't fund. They're not even really expensive, either. To get them all done I'd probably only need 200$.
C'est la vie. They'll happen when they can.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
If your not into stealing from stores then you obviously are going to need money for spray paint, Stencil paper, Caps, maybe even a head lamp but that you may be able to dumpster.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
Yeah i stopped stealing for a bit as well, got caught and im struggling to pay off the fine hah.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
Fair enough. But aside from stealing, there is TONS of free art you can do.
Maybe I just have great luck or something, but I have gotten ALL of my art supplies for free.
I have dumpstered HUGE sheets of cardstock paper and this flimsy plastic that is absolutely perfect for stencils.
Last week I found 12 FULL gallon buckets of house paint in some bushes. They are all different colors. I was so stoked looking at a trunk full of free paint!
I dont know, I really hate paying to do art, It should be free, dont let money hold you back.
Stickers are free, you can find stencil material errywhere, and paint is not impossible to get either way.
But yeah, Caps, rollers, brushes, and large copy's are the only thing I would pay for.
But I am still way in to theft and doing all the art I can do for fucking free.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
I dig the enthusiasm! I agree that art should be free, i find it kind of fun when i find random materials on the street that i can paint. I picked up a bunch of wood today walking past a construction sight, desided ill find some kind of creative use out of them one night! As far as your finds go, that is really fucking awesome and lucky, if you come up with something cool def take a pic && post it.

voidrock

Reaction score
I've been caught up pushing out carts full of paint from home depot so now I just do returns. Steal some thing small yet expensive return it for store credit an bam free rusto's! Sometimes they don't accept it if ya don't got a reciept that always sucks

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
haha yeah i know that deal, did that for a few months to get money for food and stuff. Getting caught sucks, i got arrested for graffiti a little while back haven't tagged since but ive been ichin' to. Call me a pussy but hey ill get back into it again when im ready :p

voidrock

Reaction score
For shure, I've been caught too many times. They had me for 9 counts of vandalism. Fought em down to 4 counts and got 180 days so I think its time for me to lay low for a min.

maxwellmurder

Reaction score
Agreed, vandalism is no joke to the law or at least here in Philly they dont fuck around..charged me with a felony but got my record ex sponged with community service and hefty fines. Well when you decide to get back into it i wish you the best of luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads