Stick and Poke Discussion!

Athena212

Reaction score
Hello stick and pokers....stuck home right now looking to start poking myself again. Been using a lame pencil rig and looking to up my game... What inks do yall use? Best needles? Let's see some pics!

MFB

Reaction score
@Athena212
I use a pencil rig too, and have always been happy with it. Its tedious and fun!
I start w a 3rl to do the first lines, then go over it with a 9rl to darken and thicken it up.
In my experience to get them to come out good you just need the patience to go over the lines a dozen and a half times to get a bunch of ink in your skin.
Cant speak to what ink I used as I havent done any for a few years, usually just go to a tattoo supply shop and buy a little 2 oz bottle.
If you want to up your game, I would look into buying a cheap gun to get better lines.
Lastly, lots of pics in that thread @SlankyLanky linked for you. We showed you ours, now you show us yours. :)

@Brodiesel710
I thought this might be youuuuu.....
1587221051971.png

Reactions: croc

AshAquarius

Reaction score
This one took a pretty long time. It's done with a 3round liner needle and cheap Millennium brand inks(which were kind of dried up, I had to rehydrate them with a bit of water and that actually seemed to work, tattoo is still going strong 5+ years later)

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_150758_01.jpg
    IMG_20201221_150758_01.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 150

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads