Photos Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos (1 Viewer)

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I'll be posting photos from this event. Feel free to use as you wish. Sorry, no time for captions right now. Veterans meet at 1pm for a peaceful march.
1205161112-jpg.34409_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_9:41 AM

Reactions: 5 people
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
1205161355b-jpg.34417_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_12:39 PM

1205161358-jpg.34419_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_12:39 PM

If a mod wants to combine the photos in a single post that would be great. I'm using mobile and a terribly slow connection.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Cool - so ya got there! (Can tell by that snow in the beard too!)

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I've been in colder places with less gear. Actually fairly warm. Never had sleeves freeze and become like cardboard though.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
They are currently holding, pending an Environment Impact Assesment, which could take a while. But they did deny the permit for the DAPL to use US Army Corps of Engineers land adjacent to the Sioux land. Trump has economic ties to this project though, I wouldnt be surprised to see this issue re-started after he takes office. No doubt claiming "US Infrastructure stability". Im sure US DHS will get involved and the police tactics will become more violent, if the millitary doesnt get involved.....

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
So I heard they're rerouting the pipeline today? Is that a confirmed victory?
My understanding is that they continued to lay pipe in the same direction today and were willing to pay the $50k/day fine which is Trump change on such a huge project nearing completion. It is a victory in that fines have been levied, but how much of a victory remains to be seen as this has not been played out yet.

I sleep in a fully stocked tent where some of the food for a few kitchens is stored. More food is certainly welcome. People intend to be here for the long haul despite the cold weather (tomorrow's high is forecasted to be in the single digits).

Couldn't ask for worse weather, couldn't be joined with better people.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Maybe it wont be on native land, but where ever it is it will have the same polluting potential, I guess the question is, without threat to native land will there be as big of a resistance to the new location?
the whole damn country is native land.

Tatanka

Rambler
Current Location
Potter County PA
Very cool. I'll check out the link. That has to be some cold sleeping and the ole crawl out in the morning. .

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
...That has to be some cold sleeping and the ole crawl out in the morning. .
I've got to get up at night and feed the fire so I sleep near it. I sleep with a heavy coat on and it is still a little cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Back in minneapolis for a minute, possibly going to nationals? regardless hmu if you're around
Happy (very) belated Father's day to our Oogle Daddy @Matt Derrick !
Now im housed up in a suite for three days. Two bedroom, two different direction facing balconies, pet friendly, and a kitchen. Thank god for CAA coverage. Smartest thing ive done in months. Covers 600$ worth of lodging and food for 72 hours from "incident". That being my truck being inoperable. This doesnt fix the problem but holy fuck do i need this.
Holy fuck I missed being back out here. Tour’s been fucking amazing so far, and getting to see so many old friends and making some new ones has been fantastic.
Off day between Salt Lake City, UT and Reno, NV today. Gonna try to find a campsite for us tonight and I’m excited to sleep under the stars ✨
Holed up in the shop property for the third day. Fried 6 eggs and made some toast for myself and my dog. Something to spice up the dog kibble life. Poured myself the cheap rum and rootbeer drink. Buddy from the insurance/license place brought me some ice :D But there is no sunshine and rainbows. This is survival. This isnt intagram. It was dark and frustrating and cramped, with that side of lonely. Tomorrow we move.
Looking for a few people to join me in an off grid wilderness community. Have hydroelectric and small solar.
Almost died a fiery horrific death when the wiring crossed an shorted in the camper, had to jump in the water to save my dog from drowning when a current was pulling him under roots and branches (one of the most heartwrenching experiences of my life), and i fucked the engine in my truck on the mountain highways. Repairs are going to be expensive and take long. Thats kindof how my summer is going. Beats jail but just barely
Just covered about 500 mi in 12 hrs by train. Two hot as fuck IMs under a full moon. Only one stop was made...an unexpected siding in the exact place i wanted to be.

Staff online