Photos Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I'll be posting photos from this event. Feel free to use as you wish. Sorry, no time for captions right now. Veterans meet at 1pm for a peaceful march.
1205161112-jpg.34409_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_9:41 AM

Reactions: 5 people
OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
1205161355b-jpg.34417_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_12:39 PM

1205161358-jpg.34419_Standing Rock #NoDAPL photos_Events / Gatherings / Festivals_Squat the Planet_12:39 PM

If a mod wants to combine the photos in a single post that would be great. I'm using mobile and a terribly slow connection.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Cool - so ya got there! (Can tell by that snow in the beard too!)

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I've been in colder places with less gear. Actually fairly warm. Never had sleeves freeze and become like cardboard though.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Bend, OR
Website
www.youtube.com
They are currently holding, pending an Environment Impact Assesment, which could take a while. But they did deny the permit for the DAPL to use US Army Corps of Engineers land adjacent to the Sioux land. Trump has economic ties to this project though, I wouldnt be surprised to see this issue re-started after he takes office. No doubt claiming "US Infrastructure stability". Im sure US DHS will get involved and the police tactics will become more violent, if the millitary doesnt get involved.....

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
So I heard they're rerouting the pipeline today? Is that a confirmed victory?
My understanding is that they continued to lay pipe in the same direction today and were willing to pay the $50k/day fine which is Trump change on such a huge project nearing completion. It is a victory in that fines have been levied, but how much of a victory remains to be seen as this has not been played out yet.

I sleep in a fully stocked tent where some of the food for a few kitchens is stored. More food is certainly welcome. People intend to be here for the long haul despite the cold weather (tomorrow's high is forecasted to be in the single digits).

Couldn't ask for worse weather, couldn't be joined with better people.

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Maybe it wont be on native land, but where ever it is it will have the same polluting potential, I guess the question is, without threat to native land will there be as big of a resistance to the new location?
the whole damn country is native land.

Tatanka

Hobo
Current Location
Potter County PA
Very cool. I'll check out the link. That has to be some cold sleeping and the ole crawl out in the morning. .

OP
K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
...That has to be some cold sleeping and the ole crawl out in the morning. .
I've got to get up at night and feed the fire so I sleep near it. I sleep with a heavy coat on and it is still a little cool.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Met a super sweet old traveler girl yesterday been off the road 6 months. So stoked on life right now
Amtrak crew change. Hiding from the bull
Got a new bicycle today! I feel so much better
Hitched from Ft. Collins, CO to Laramie, WY in three rides and an hour and a half. Today’s a good day.
Ahh. Camping out next to the Interstate in the NM desert. With Cinnabons, a giant Coke, and $20 kicked down to me today. I got 4 rides which got me 100 miles. And they were all amazing people... one guy gave me a business card which was about spreading love and that was so fucking positive. Then I got picked up by a really old Mexican couple. I am still so homesick, yet so happy and exhilarated
Reacquainting myself with STP after a stupid long time. Bare with me as I post in the wrong places and suck at pretty much everything here
Looks like my departure is pencilled for the 29th of April. Later then I wanted but still gives me a week of hitching to get to a place to work for the winter and a bit more time to pack and sell stuff.
Back on the grind of commercial fishing despite several years while being on a hiatus, pretending it was retirement. [everything is relevant, nothing is absolute.]
Bey
The recent post looking for a road dog in NYC, reminded me of the time I tried to convince @croc that hopping a turnstile in the subway constituted catching out of Manhattan....He didn't buy it....
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MY FELLOW TRAVELERS: Please stop telling me about your bowel movements, thank you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Lobo Hobo