St. Ferdinand Fire in New Orleans

spoorprint

Reaction score
Sometimes I have trouble with links. Saw this article in Nola.com, hope it works- NOLA.com has more victims identified. : (

That didn't work, here is the list .
Justin Lutz (29), 1 day before his 30th birthday.
Jonathan Guerrero 20 ,Texas
Jeffrey Geerts 22, Wisconsen
Katie Simianer ,21 ,Nebraska
Nicole Pack (Pittsburgh Pa.)
Millissa Martinez ,17, Scotts Valley CA. and Nola
Samuel Thompson of New Orleans is not offical, his Parents think he was there.
So far the cause of death is carbon monoxide poisening,apparently for everyone.
Which leaves one unidentied.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sometimes I have trouble with links. Saw this article in Nola.com, hope it works- NOLA.com has more victims identified. : (

yeah, nola.com sucks trying to link to. it's not StP's fault, their links just never seem to work...

Scotty

Reaction score
Man.. I met Jeff a few years ago when I started traveling. He took off with me in my ambulance to the WY gathering.
This kid was a straight up THIEF! And I say that in a good way. He used to shoplift like a motherfucker. Got the whole truck drunk for free multiple times.
I remember I get back to my truck in Grand Rapids, SD to meet a whole bunch of cops talking all this underage girl shit. So they ran us out of town. Without realizing.. we left Jeff and were still being tailed.
Anyways.. I see him in WY a week or two later.. sunburnt to hell. He said he was off stealing peanut butter and watched what went on down the street. So with us gone.. he stole a bicycle and rode it out of town. ..Got a flat tire, walked back to town and got arrested. ..When he gets to WY he's got all this walmart gear he stole.. backpack, SD hoodie, bolt cutters, tire patches, etc.

RIP kid

Reactions: owlfrog

Shakou

Reaction score
According to the news reports, 4 dogs also died in the fire. Does anyone here by chance know the names of the dogs? I remember the names of animals far better then I remember the names of actual people, and I'd like to know if I know any of the victims.

crow

Reaction score
Truly hard to read. I didn't know them but, feel for them. I certainly hope they passed painlessly. It's difficult to face. I feel horrible for the survivors. How awful it is that something like this happened. We can only honor their memory and keep tramping. Be careful. Appreciate the time you have with people.

Alaska

Reaction score
Was supposed to reply to this back in december, but I freaked out when I saw it and had to call my friends that were in nola at the time (they left me a voice mail with her freaking the fuck out). They almost slept there that night, but went to our temp squat on Franklin, I think it was. Close-ish to Hank's. Micaela and Xavier, if and of ya know em. So glad they didn't go there that night.

I hung out with most of those kids when I was in nola. This happened a few short days after I left, I guess. I drunkenly passed out with Carwash behind some wooden wall thing close to hank's a couple times, too. He was not the brightest kid, but he was full of fucking heart. I'm gonna miss him.

Also, the last one may or may not be Mooncat. He was a portland, oregon regular who hung out with Rocket, Sprocket, and other shelter-rat type kids. Kind of wingnutty, but I guess he legitimately loves "his kids" as he puts it. If anyone can confirm or deny this, that would be great.

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
23107-rip-carwash.JPG

gonna make a big stencil with all the kids once i find good pictures of everyone.

D

Deleted member 2962

the last kid to be identified was tony zaleta, or lakota tony. my friend who traveled with him on and off for six years just went to his memorial in sioux city and met his family, etc. he almost slept there that night, too. thankfully he didn't.
love love.

drunkdonna

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads