Sneaking over border from Canada to USA?

D

Deleted member 20975

I am going to be heading south sometime this year. I am in northern ontario but will go east or west as needed. I am planning on attempting a legal border crossing sometime late summer/fall (end of october probably). I have gone over twice before, both times i did have a record but was not actively under probation which i should be this time plus now i have a longer record. I also am status first nation (indian), which really helps. I believe once i went over only showing my status card and driving licence. So if i am denied entry i will look for an illegal way over not under the watchfull eye of the american government.

So im trying to get the best info i can on doing this if it becomes necessary. I will be driving. No drugs or anything illegal on board. I know what to say and what not to say at the border aswell. I know there must be many roads that are almost shared between our border. If i get pulled over i will try to plead ignorance but dont see how patrolled they can be. Like how do they know if a car is supposed to be there or not? So if anyone has done this or knows good spots to cross please let me know. Thanks

Thomas Walker

Reaction score
From what I've heard and read about, the road network between the United States and Canada is highly secure. At every road leading from one into the other is a security checkpoint, and in towns that are shared between the two, such as Derby Line, Vermont / Stanstead, Quebec, a highly sophisticated system is in place to keep track of which license plates should be on which side and identify illegal crossings. Source: [link]

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to travel between countries is on foot, and only if it is entirely necessary. Find a legit crossing, hike a mile or two off the path, cross a ways into your destination, and hike back to a road. Hitchhike from there.

Reactions: beersalt

Phuen

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I second the hiking option, from experience. I did hear some remote places may have roads, and then it's up to luck / cunning, but I don't actually know.

Badbill

Reaction score
I am going to be heading south sometime this year. I am in northern ontario but will go east or west as needed. I am planning on attempting a legal border crossing sometime late summer/fall (end of october probably). I have gone over twice before, both times i did have a record but was not actively under probation which i should be this time plus now i have a longer record. I also am status first nation (indian), which really helps. I believe once i went over only showing my status card and driving licence. So if i am denied entry i will look for an illegal way over not under the watchfull eye of the american government.

So im trying to get the best info i can on doing this if it becomes necessary. I will be driving. No drugs or anything illegal on board. I know what to say and what not to say at the border aswell. I know there must be many roads that are almost shared between our border. If i get pulled over i will try to plead ignorance but dont see how patrolled they can be. Like how do they know if a car is supposed to be there or not? So if anyone has done this or knows good spots to cross please let me know. Thanks
Hey i live in us and also am trying to help someone cross over...Do you have any situation or no anyone willing to help if i could pay them

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads