Sleeping rough in Paris

astephen5

Reaction score
Hey, anybody know of any relatively secure places to kip on the streets in Paris - and by relatively secure I mean a place where I won't get stabbed/robbed in my sleep. Even better a squat? Will be heading out mid January. Flight from prestwick was only a tenner

K

Kim Chee

I was offered free sex with a woman in Paris, I only had to do it in front of a paying crowd. I'm a bit more modest than that and passed up the opportunity. I'm sure they're still doing this and they might even let you crash out after the show if you do really well.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
dude named Cardboard on here might have some kinda info for you....

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The owner just passed, but you might check shakespeare and co bookstore (google it), it is a really famous english bookstore, that was run by this crazy old man for a long time. They had some guest rooms upstairs, and even if they were full he was known for letting travelers sleep in the shop. But, he died, yesterday from what I can tell.
uhhh, I have friends in Paris, but I probably wont pass on contacts to you. sorry, nothing personal.
Camping out anywhere is fine. There are a lot of old homebum camps down by the canals, and as long as you arent rich, and arent sketchy, the bums are kind enough. And if you are rich, or sketchy, I hope they roll you in your sleep. I was always housed up, but I know people have camped right beneath the Eiffel tower, or just about anywhere France is known for being good to the poor.
You can check anarchist yellow pages or squat.net for some more ideas, and there are a few other threads on here, but Paris sucks. Which you probably already know, since you were reading those other threads already.
Mid January wont be fun on the streets either, weather is shit round here. I'm quite close to Paris now (ehhh, maybe 250km), and its storming like hell all day long.
uhhh, I dunno, couchsurfing?
Get the hell outta paris?

bryanpaul

Reaction score

astephen5

Reaction score
Cheers mate, good advice. I'll survive the weather no probs, I'm just back from roughing it in Inverness for 2 weeks. The bums there are less welcoming to say the least. And I wouldn't pass on my friends contact details onto an unknown who just joined the forum yesterday ha, so I won't take it personally. Thanks again.

Mawnzie

Reaction score
I know it's been a while since this thread was created but better late than never :) I'm going to Paris in a week and I wonder if anybody has any advice when it comes to roughing it?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads