Slab City

C

Cavemansailor

Im 3 hours from Slab City, will be there tomorrow! I plan on stickin around there for a while, so if anyone is already there or wants to drop by, let me know!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool and have fun. That is a someday destination for me.

C

Cavemansailor

I made it--and its way cooler than I imagined! I got a spot to myself on a hill, very quiet. Im digging in for the long haul--literally, I dug a giant trench into a sand dune for a dugout shelter. Ill dig some more and start on the roof tomorrow. Theres tons of "trash" here, which for me is lots of building material, tools, and other resources!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I made it--and its way cooler than I imagined! I got a spot to myself on a hill, very quiet. Im digging in for the long haul--literally, I dug a giant trench into a sand dune for a dugout shelter. Ill dig some more and start on the roof tomorrow. Theres tons of "trash" here, which for me is lots of building material, tools, and other resources!

yep, sounds like the slabs. have fun!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is there any way to get internet around there?

yes, there's an frank's "internet cafe" where you can use the net for free or donation, but i hear weird things about him.

the oasis club has internet, but you have to be a 'member'. membership is $20/year, so it's not a bad deal. you get free coffee and a place to charge your shit too. they're nice people. hmm... now that i think about it, i think the internet is extra, but it's like $5 a month or something.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
yes, there's an frank's "internet cafe" where you can use the net for free or donation, but i hear weird things about him.

the oasis club has internet, but you have to be a 'member'. membership is $20/year, so it's not a bad deal. you get free coffee and a place to charge your shit too. they're nice people. hmm... now that i think about it, i think the internet is extra, but it's like $5 a month or something.

...What kinds of weird things? Should I be concerned if I ever go there? Haha

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i don't want to shit talk, but others have told me stories about him getting really wasted and generally being kinda racist. just sounded like a scene i wanted to steer clear of. i think the only reason most people went there was because it was just the 'hot spot' to be that year. not sure if it still is.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads