Skipping out on bond......

K

kokomojoe

I'm dealing with having a second DUI right now, probably just going to stick it out but really wanted to leave this summer. Thought about saying fuck it and bailing but I'm just going to see how it goes. Especially since it's my second within 5 years it's technically a felony but I paid for a pretty decent lawyer and she said it could probably stay a misdemeanor if I complete probation or something like that. I feel like if I run and then get caught up again then they'll probably just come down on me real fuckin hard.
Just got a fucking court date for trying to hitch a ride in Des Moines, Iowa. Such bullshit. I think I'm going to skip out of town today hopefully. I don't see why I'd want to come back to Iowa...for anything...plus the date is next week and I need to be home anyway. fuck I'm so pissed.
Sounds like super minor misdemeanor shit, depends on the county but I've heard people being one county away in some places and they still don't bother coming to get them. Worse comes to worse you do a few days in jail and get time served and be done with it.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I'm dealing with having a second DUI right now, probably just going to stick it out but really wanted to leave this summer. Thought about saying fuck it and bailing but I'm just going to see how it goes. Especially since it's my second within 5 years it's technically a felony but I paid for a pretty decent lawyer and she said it could probably stay a misdemeanor if I complete probation or something like that. I feel like if I run and then get caught up again then they'll probably just come down on me real fuckin hard.

Sounds like super minor misdemeanor shit, depends on the county but I've heard people being one county away in some places and they still don't bother coming to get them. Worse comes to worse you do a few days in jail and get time served and be done with it.
MY advice would be to try to get unsupervised and go on vacation for awhile.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Crazy ass life. I don't understand modern society one bit. It's all craziness to me.
I'd gladly live the life Thoreau lived.

Last edited:

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Just got a fucking court date for trying to hitch a ride in Des Moines, Iowa. Such bullshit. I think I'm going to skip out of town today hopefully. I don't see why I'd want to come back to Iowa...for anything...plus the date is next week and I need to be home anyway. fuck I'm so pissed.
Dude, I went to jail for sleeping on a roof

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads