Show Your Art Here! | Squat the Planet

Show Your Art Here!

crimmy

Reaction score
I love the arts. I love writing music, playing music, drawing, painting, sketching, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. I wanted to make this for all of you art nerds out there to share your love. Post pictures of the shit you've drawn, painted, written, sketched, sculpted, or whatever the fuck you do. I just wanna see what goes on in other people's minds. I'm a loner. I don't talk to many people or share my drawings, but I will for this thread to kick it off. I draw shit like this when I get bored. PS I basically butchered that baby's anatomy haha

Attachments

• WP_20160518_001.jpg
    WP_20160518_001.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 350
  • WP_20160515_001.jpg
    WP_20160515_001.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 6tag_180516-095132.jpg
    6tag_180516-095132.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Yay, art! I'm always working on a million different things but lately I've been getting into making short animation loops:
test.gif
skeleton.gif

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
We have talent! I originally went to college for art from HS but discovered partying in a city away from home was more fun (lol - I went to a school that was 4 yrs previous an all girl catholic college - several of my professors were old nuns - I did not work out there - but had one HELL of a good time).

I used to do a lot with charcoal and pen & ink. I decorated my yearbook, will see if I can scare up a couple drawings there later.

Reactions: crimmy

troublefunk

Reaction score
Nice thread!
I get to do this for a living after many year's of running from the law(and some getting caught ha ha DSCN9343.JPG IMG_2479.JPG IMG_0235.JPG ) i run workshop's with various community group's and charities as a part of health and well being project's.....sure isnt the easiest way to make a living but it beat's the hell out of having a boss and stamping a clock day in and out ;)...apologies if the photo's are huge ok!

Attachments

• USB FUJI FLIX 150.JPG
    USB FUJI FLIX 150.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 316

jaws

Reaction score
Your color choice reminds me of some candy I want to eat! How do you get in that business? How do you get offers etc.? I can only afford the one dollar cans of paint and I am working on getting better results. I know that if I had some help getting spray cans I could practice more.
first_mural___easy_7_by_tapetumlucidum-d6gvznk.jpg
img_20130919_183052_by_tapetumlucidum-d6mz3m6.jpg
img_20130919_163117_328_by_tapetumlucidum-d6mz3xf.jpg

Last edited:

crimmy

Reaction score
We have talent! I originally went to college for art from HS but discovered partying in a city away from home was more fun (lol - I went to a school that was 4 yrs previous an all girl catholic college - several of my professors were old nuns - I did not work out there - but had one HELL of a good time).

I used to do a lot with charcoal and pen & ink. I decorated my yearbook, will see if I can scare up a couple drawings there later.
that sounds pretty interesting haha. I'd love to see em! I couldn't imagine a catholic school. I grew up in a Christian household, but I'm an atheist. people would call me preacher's kid because my dad is a pastor. it's irritating

crimmy

Reaction score
Nice thread!
I get to do this for a living after many year's of running from the law(and some getting caught ha ha View attachment 30539 View attachment 30540 View attachment 30541 ) i run workshop's with various community group's and charities as a part of health and well being project's.....sure isnt the easiest way to make a living but it beat's the hell out of having a boss and stamping a clock day in and out ;)...apologies if the photo's are huge ok!
don't apologize dude! art should always be big and loud. I love the graffiti work you do. the colors work so well. I've never been too good with colors myself honestly haha.

crimmy

Reaction score

Nerdypunkkid

Reaction score
Website
www.yossihalperin.com
Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit like you in a way a artist, writer and a loner. I was always good at writing but also wanted to draw did not know what or how, tried taking classes and drawing in a sketchbook bit neither went any where.

Then one day all alone I found my self in a drum circle and walking through some red wood and was visited by these spirits. A couple days later in class I was given the assignment to draw myself as a cartoon and so I drew what I saw that day in the red woods.

This lead to an art fellowship where I was encouraged not only to expand on the images but experiment as well. This landed my work in a number of galleries and finally gave me something to draw and share them with the world. I hide these in all the cities I visit. I named the spirits I draw as elder or angels because that what they are some where between elder or angels.

This experience changed my life in many way and goes far beyond art feel free to ask me to elaborate if interested.

http://www.yossihalperin.com/

elders.jpg

Class assignment: Me as cartoon

alibi.jpg

chaos.jpg

Gallery Piece

Lost-Piece.jpg

Lost Piece

FDR-1-300x225.jpg

Street art piece

2-290x300.jpg

Kneeling before elder or angels

crimmy

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit like you in a way a artist, writer and a loner. I was always good at writing but also wanted to draw did not know what or how, tried taking classes and drawing in a sketchbook bit neither went any where.

Then one day all alone I found my self in a drum circle and walking through some red wood and was visited by these spirits. A couple days later in class I was given the assignment to draw myself as a cartoon and so I drew what I saw that day in the red woods.

This lead to an art fellowship where I was encouraged not only to expand on the images but experiment as well. This landed my work in a number of galleries and finally gave me something to draw and share them with the world. I hide these in all the cities I visit. I named the spirits I draw as elder or angels because that what they are some where between elder or angels.

This experience changed my life in many way and goes far beyond art feel free to ask me to elaborate if interested.

http://www.yossihalperin.com/

View attachment 30579
Class assignment: Me as cartoon

View attachment 30577

View attachment 30578
Gallery Piece

View attachment 30581
Lost Piece

View attachment 30580
Street art piece

View attachment 30576
Kneeling before elder or angels
yeah man i'd love to hear more about the experience!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads