Shoe repair ...

D

Deleted member 9332

IMG_1990.JPG IMG_1992.jpg IMG_1994.jpg
so it's been, a few months, and my shoes are a little more roughed up now, i'm not sure i want to keep repairing them with darning because i don't want them to be super stiff. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the best way to fix these would be? especially the the one in the last image, im not sure how to go about doing something like that by hand.

Kadidlehopper

Reaction score
That's easy, if there's enough meat there to hem it sew it right to the base of the rubber lip, or even the sole of the shoe if that rips out, it'll last you a few more months if not a year if you do it right.

If you can't hem it, stitch some exess fabric over it and hem that.

D

Deleted member 9332

That's easy, if there's enough meat there to hem it sew it right to the base of the rubber lip, or even the sole of the shoe if that rips out, it'll last you a few more months if not a year if you do it right.

If you can't hem it, stitch some exess fabric over it and hem that.
I hadn't thought of hemming it, that's a great idea! I was kind of worried about the rubber ripping, but i think if i sew carefully it won't. Thank you!

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
so it's been, a few months, and my shoes are a little more roughed up now, i'm not sure i want to keep repairing them with darning because i don't want them to be super stiff. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the best way to fix these would be? especially the the one in the last image, im not sure how to go about doing something like that by hand.

Hemming perhaps is a good idea, indeed. But to be true, I wouldn't care to repair such a tiny rip. ;)

I still wear my vans occasionally. But they are not reliable anymore, so I wouldn't exactly start a hiking tour wearing them.
GcUI3kr.jpg

The right one already needs repair again ...

D

Deleted member 9332

Hemming perhaps is a good idea, indeed. But to be true, I wouldn't care to repair such a tiny rip. ;)

I still wear my vans occasionally. But they are not reliable anymore, so I wouldn't exactly start a hiking tour wearing them.
GcUI3kr.jpg

The right one already needs repair again ...
I wouldn't bother usually but i've noticed that if I put off shoe repairs for too long they get out of hand and i just have buy new shoes! So im tryna nip it in the bud.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads