Share your greyhound/shame hound/dirty dog horror stories (1 Viewer)

roadbird

Reaction score
Wound up on the greyhound in canada the day they pulled the lines in mid winter.

Travel partner and myself had to find a way out of ontario and the rest of the way across canada.

Turned into an amazing trip but f*#k greyhound.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

WanderLost

Vagabond
Reaction score
I rode a greyhound from Savannah GA to Tucson AZ once, which is already a shitty time even if everything goes right..

Somewhere in Tx the driver mentions that some app on her phone won't let her log in to keep driving cuz she's over on hours (or something like that. I was towards the back of the bus). So she says we need to wait for greyhound to say she can keep driving. She waits a few minutes then starts driving. Rumours start circulating around the bus that's shes high af on meth, and some lady and her husband call the cops and the bus gets pulled over in Van Horn TX. The lady and her husband who called the cops start announcing shit to the bus and saying all kinds of weird shit. She tells everyone she has her CDL and blah blah and shes also an attorney and is gonna file a class action lawsuit against greyhound and gives everyone her info to call her when this is all over. Ofcourse none of it was true so ig she just wanted to either keep everyone calm or to just be a psycho wack job lol idk.

We all get out on the side of the road and wait for a new bus. We get a new bus after a couple hours and finally make it to el paso to get a shitty free meal from greyhound made by the super overwhelmed cooks that now have to make a whole bus of people food, cuz greyhound is a bunch of cheap bastard assholes who don't wanna refund a ticket no matter what happens on your ride. I can't wait til that shithole company finally goes under and the real bus companies take over.

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
get a shitty free meal from greyhound made by the super overwhelmed cooks that now have to make a whole bus of people food, cuz greyhound is a bunch of cheap bastard assholes who don't wanna refund a ticket no matter what happens on your ride.
frankly i'm shocked they gave you any compensation at all. most of the times I've had a problem on the bus their answer is everything just short of 'tough shit buddy, deal with it'.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.