Shameless Magazine Plug

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Ran across a copy of the current BACKWOODSMAN magazine,and anyone that is in to DIY should get this one!There is an article on building a raft that looks suitable for living on,building a takedown crossbow(more like a slingshot,but I'm going to mod the design so it throws ball bearings instad of arrows),recycling,east coast gold prospecting,DIY well digging,a ropemaking machine,making a bow from a wooden crutch(!!!!!!!!!),etc.The politics of the owner/publisher may not be your cup of tea,and if you can't stand gun articles be warned they are there;but all in all a neat resouce for anyone on the road or trying to live a more hands-on life,as well as for those of you heading into the backend of nowhere.
The magazine website is:Backwoodsman Magazine Home Page
You can find it at most larger chain bookstores,as well as Wallyworld(I know,the bigevilbluebox.I confine myself to four things from the place:Cheap dogbusciuts,wool socks,cheap tea,and .22 cartridges.They are usually on sale,so Wally is losing money.)
The mag also has backissues on sale at their website,and they make for interesting reading.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads