[Sep 14, 2013] Run For Your Lives - Georgia!!! (Dalton, GA)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

THE ORIGINAL
ZOMBIE INFESTED
5K OBSTACLE COURSE RACE

Anyone can run. But everything changes when you’re running for your life. Test your speed, strength and endurance through miles of man-made and natural obstacles—all while being chased by hungry, merciless zombies.

This obstacle course race is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. And hopefully, it won’t be your last. Waiting at the end of this zombie infected 5k—aside from a possible brain craving—is an apocalypse party to die for. Celebrate your survival or imminent zombie transformation at this one-of-a-kind festival complete with food, live bands, a DJ, and of course beer.

http://www.runforyourlives.com/

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This is happening all over the country this year, but this will be the event I am attending! Come run with me!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
:) I'm considering the one in August (Pittsburgh) looks like a blast. I like the obstacle races. Did Warrior Dash couple years ago --- am doing Foamfest in June (Pittsburgh).

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What's foam fest?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Are you in GA?

I'm in Key West at the moment, headed to the Pacific Northwest. I'm going to be in the area after dragon con tho so I'm going to try and stick around for this

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
come out then!

Tude

Reaction score
I'm doing a Zombie 5k no obstacle/trail run here in October - same park I normally run. Should be fun. I just talked to someone who has done a couple of them - she said it turned from a 5k run to a 5k sprint - she said the freaking adrenaline boosts you when a zombie pops out. :D

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Is that different from the run for your lives thing? I've heard of that and the walking dead run, but are there others?

Tude

Reaction score
It will be the same thing - with the zombies popping out of the bushes and running after you trying to take your 3 Life flags. No obstacles (well other than exposed tree roots -- it's the same trail I race cyclocross on - and hilly in the woods - I can see myself hitting the dirt, LOL, just no face plant please!). And yeah - there's a bunch of zombie runs out there, zombie mud, zombie runs that are at night ... Kinda like the mud obstacle races. Tough mudder, Warrior Dash (I did that in n/s carolina a couple years ago. beat the snot outta me too), etc. I'm doing this in the Spring so I can get all prettied up - and take a shower before I get in any vehicle! http://thecolorrun.com/rochester/.

They have so much fun stuff for runners. But then if anyone were to toss paint or mud (well ok for off roader) on my bikes I'd have to flatten them lol.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads