Seeking sailboat ride up the west coast to Alaska | Squat the Planet

Seeking sailboat ride up the west coast to Alaska

6coexist9

Reaction score
I know it is early Spring and the Equinox is brewing, so it is cold where I choose to be.

My hope is to learn how to sail while also getting to Alaska. looking for a simple cruise with a knowledgeable boat owner. Is this you, or you know of someone?

D

Deleted member 125

have you ever sailed before? do you have any skills that would aid somebody who was willing to sail you all that way?

thats not exactly the smoothest sailing water, its actually some of the worst so doing so without a decent motor and knowing that youd be using the motor most of the way is not a realistic option for that trip. and boat gas aint cheap =/

D

deleted user

What are the skills a landlubber should learn? knots what side is which ? what is boat fuel? gas? diesel? what are good boating skills? i dream of leaving the desert for the endless big water.... but how?!

D

Deleted member 125

What are the skills a landlubber should learn? knots what side is which ? what is boat fuel? gas? diesel? what are good boating skills? i dream of leaving the desert for the endless big water.... but how?!

im no expert but yea imagine knowing things like which side is port and which is starboard would be kinda important to know. theres gas and diesel fuel engines on boats iirc so its not just the price of fuel, but the amount that has to be used to travel x amount of miles that make it not cheap. its not like a car where 10 miles worth of fuel will get you 10 miles, you have to consider things like the choppiness of the water and if the winds against you you could expend 10 miles worth of fuel and only make it 3 miles ya know?

Jerrell

Reaction score
Don't forget the desalinator.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads