Seeking sailboat ride up the west coast to Alaska

6coexist9

Lurker
Current Location
Oakland, United States
I know it is early Spring and the Equinox is brewing, so it is cold where I choose to be.

My hope is to learn how to sail while also getting to Alaska. looking for a simple cruise with a knowledgeable boat owner. Is this you, or you know of someone?

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
have you ever sailed before? do you have any skills that would aid somebody who was willing to sail you all that way?

thats not exactly the smoothest sailing water, its actually some of the worst so doing so without a decent motor and knowing that youd be using the motor most of the way is not a realistic option for that trip. and boat gas aint cheap =/

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
What are the skills a landlubber should learn? knots what side is which ? what is boat fuel? gas? diesel? what are good boating skills? i dream of leaving the desert for the endless big water.... but how?!

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
What are the skills a landlubber should learn? knots what side is which ? what is boat fuel? gas? diesel? what are good boating skills? i dream of leaving the desert for the endless big water.... but how?!
im no expert but yea imagine knowing things like which side is port and which is starboard would be kinda important to know. theres gas and diesel fuel engines on boats iirc so its not just the price of fuel, but the amount that has to be used to travel x amount of miles that make it not cheap. its not like a car where 10 miles worth of fuel will get you 10 miles, you have to consider things like the choppiness of the water and if the winds against you you could expend 10 miles worth of fuel and only make it 3 miles ya know?

Reactions: strangeandsolo