screen printing

M

Mouse

ok..so I've worked at a screen printing business before so I know how to do 90% of the stuff... But I've got a few questions concerning DIY screen printing

how do you go about setting the ink? where I worked we cooked em in this pizza oven looking thing and they came out dry. I know the ink EVENTUALLY dries (I was covered with it on a daily basis and it takes days for it to harden on it's own!) but will ironing it or blasting it with a hot hair dryer work jsut as well?

and as for the squeeges... they cost a lot to buy the real thing. can you fashion your own?

I

ImSter

ive been screen priting with a lil hobbiest set up for about 2 years now,i just iron it with a piece of scrape cloth over the print after its dry to the touch,never tryed an oven....guess next time i run some prints ill try that out. and yeah id set it a relatively low temp.
tos start out with to try it out and raise temp gradually to find the best one.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads