SAS survival guide

S

sykgutt

perfect, thanks. i'm currently compiling a survival guide of my own, using various sources including the US army survival guide, gonna use it when i set out on the road. hopefully this will have something different.

R

RandomRaccoon

check out some of Tom brown JR's books... he goes far far more in depth about stalking and tracking than SAS, as well as more etherial aspects of survival in the woods... SAS aint to bad though... Hes also a chain smoking asshole who drives a hummer and charges thousands and thousand of $$$ for just his basic courses... but the infos good, steal what you can...

skunkpit

Reaction score
some aspects of it feel like another trend

i think you shouldnt have to pay for information on living life the natural way, seems a bit too far for me

bikegeek666

Reaction score
sas is okay....it's written from a super civilized point of view with no real thought to ethical decisions of living with the earth, just using it to get back to civilization...it's not written for people who want to leave and live in the woods. but it has some good info.

i agree, tom brown's stuff is awesome, even if he himself is an asshole. he's a fucking tracker for the fbi. you'd think being raised by apache elders he'd have turned out trusting the government less and being a less all-around civilized asshole.

i guess, sas or tom brown, you have to take what you can and make the ethics your own.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I've read and owned many of many survival books and I would agree that Tom Brown's guides are up there as far as info goes. But I have the pocket SAS guide in my back pack as part of my survival kit incase I forget somethign or need to reference it. I would recomend having it as a back up to the knowledge you already . but if you know nothing about wilderness survival then it'll do you no good.

Whiteyisacommiefaggot

Reaction score
With the sky as my roof and the Earth as my living
The Spetznas survival guide was like my bible for a while. EVERYTHING from jungle to tundra to urban terrain.
I will check out the SAS one, though.

*Update: The link was dead.

sleep

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/18546507/SAS-Survival-Guide"]SAS Survival Guide@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/18546507?access_key=key-1xx7st1x5z3ze9ohwnqq@@AMEPARAM@@18546507@@AMEPARAM@@key-1xx7st1x5z3ze9ohwnqq[/ame]

jonom

Reaction score
in my opinion the commercial SAS survival books are flimsy at best. i own both the pocket and full size version.

i'm a former marine and went through water survival, cold weather survival and summer mountain survival schools. the main skills we learned are usually given less than a paragraph in the SAS book. it seems like it was written for the arm-chair survivalist.

of course... any knowledge is better than nothing. and if i was in a bad situation i would prefer the SAS book over nothing. but if you want to be prepared then read everything you can get your hands on and take an edible plants book with photographs.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads