Santa Cruz (dos and donts?)

Weston

Reaction score
I'm with bryanpaul on this one... I like it. Actually, I consider it a home of sorts. You can stay fed some decent food at the shelter if you need it and there are a few little spots in the middle of downtown where you can sit with a sign all day. The thing is you can't spange / panhandle within certain distances of all different shit but there are like 2 really good spots. I sat with a sign on the corner across from Bad Ass Coffee (I don't remember the street names) and didn't get fucked with. I wasn't really making money but I got creative and then it worked out pretty well.

IDK why anyone wouldn't like Santa Cruz.

If you go try and get caught sleeping on a bench... You'll get an official eviction notice - Evicted from the bench!

Reactions: bryanpaul

LilMa

Reaction score
santa barbara is a much better place to spange.. i see people all over state street and by the wharf that are able to make a good amount of money, sell goods, walk dogs or skate. santa cruz sounds so very strict

bryanpaul

Reaction score

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Rancho

Reaction score
My question is why the fuck would anyone go to Santa Cruz anyway? Sounds like a punishment LA suburban yuppies crawling I'll over I will pass

bryanpaul

Reaction score
My question is why the fuck would anyone go to Santa Cruz anyway? Sounds like a punishment LA suburban yuppies crawling I'll over I will pass
depends on yer experience there.........like i said i always had a good time , and really like the aesthetics of the place, coastal stoner surfer town surrounded by redwood forest .....just gotta know that their sick of people panhandlin 'em on their 1 main drag and the cops are over it too...so be sneaky with your campin and beggin..............this isn't necessarily directed at you "rancho" ...but alot of times kids will hit the road and hitchhiking and flying signs and buskin and panhandling and campin under bridges are all NEW experiences for them, like "oh wow, this is so new and exciting".....well you get into a town like santa cruz, and theyve been seein folks begging, and holdin cardboard, and standin on the exit with their thumbs out, and drinkin and campin in the woods behind their house for like 30 years!..... so it's understandable that their not that amused by your prescence....just one of those places...

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Rancho

Reaction score
depends on yer experience there.........like i said i always had a good time , and really like the aesthetics of the place, coastal stoner surfer town surrounded by redwood forest .....just gotta know that their sick of people panhandlin 'em on their 1 main drag and the cops are over it too...so be sneaky with your campin and beggin..............this isn't necessarily directed at you "rancho" ...but alot of times kids will hit the road and hitchhiking and flying signs and buskin and panhandling and campin under bridges are all NEW experiences for them, like "oh wow, this is so new and exciting".....well you get into a town like santa cruz, and theyve been seein folks begging, and holdin cardboard, and standin on the exit with their thumbs out, and
drinkin and campin in the woods behind their house for like 30 years!..... so it's understandable that their not that amused by your prescence....just one of those places...

Hey i understand the life isn't for everyone and there's nothing more annoying than drunk rowdy traveling kids bustin your chops every day but knowing that that's why I like to show respect for every place that I go you wanna help me out that's great but I'm not going to throw garbage around your city or call your wife a cunt if you don't so long as you don't get in my face about anything it's a mutual respect thing

Reactions: Weston

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads