e45e4d937f2b337debe1f18b37edde1b.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: pewpew

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I found you something to wear while your out sabotaging View attachment 35628
Its bad enough that I actually have to call out "NOT A DEER" while hiking because I have been shot at by hunters twice in different states just for hiking quietly. The way Ive seen hunters shoot at anything that move is hilarious. Getting snuffed out in the woods is generally hilarious if it happens to your adversaries or prey right?

Reactions: todd

pewpew

Banned
Reaction score
I'm assuming your kidding, young, or just quoting something you read somewhere, because you probably haven't spent years in the woods watching deer life cycles or you would know better.

I see baby deer all the time, pretty sure it's natural for them to be on their own that young. Usually when I do, there's always at least 2 so they they have better chances of surviving?...or it's because their mother is off somewhere foraging for food. Deer have evolved a long time ago with instincts to survive on their own after the first year. Again, just mostly stating from what I have personally observed.

Reactions: todd

todd

Reaction score
fawns are born in the spring around April. they get weaned in 6 or 8 weeks then basically they fend for themselves for food. twins aren't that uncommon. but more often its singles unless someone's feeding supplements and minerals. they live as a family ( but not dependent on) with the does (not the dads) until the fall rut when the does start going into heat and driving the bucks crazy. sometime around September or early October they lose their spots and they are considered a full grown deer.

• Useful
Yeah OP NEVER PROVIDED ANY FACTS. All the facts and statistics I provided (which no one else has) from multiple countries and this guy says theres no facts? Why bother participating if youre going to selectively read and pretend the evidence doesnt exist? Furthermore you have provided nothing to this conversation. Just repeatedly nitpicking parts out and ignoring the valid ones. How stupid are you? Lmfao

You can't just say something is "facts" because you said it or its your opinion. You really do seem like a spoiled brat. You call people fools, and ask if I'm stupid. Your not handling yourself in a respectable manner what so ever. We all agree sports hunting is wrong. But when asked about specifics you keep getting truculent. Your ignorance is beyond measure, and I cannot abide vacuous people. I won't be a part of this thread any longer.

James Meadowlark

Sonic Reducer
Reaction score
I've personally been menaced by feral pigs on several occasions. Multiple frightening times while camping in the SE USA and once in Hawaii where I could have been killed jumping off a trail when a sow with piglets came at me.. It's not their fault they're an invasive species, and I hope the hunters of said pigs throw a massive Luau every time they bag one, sending everyone home full bellies and tons of bacon- But if they don't, my heart's not broken. Most of the Southeastern USA has open season on feral hogs, and I'm OK with that. I'm not a hunter, and think killing animals for the thrill of the hunt is dumb, but feral pigs are a huge problem at least where I am. I don't hunt, I think it's mostly BS, but feral pigs are a real issue here.

Last edited:
Reactions: todd and pewpew

pewpew

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah pigs are considered a pest in a lot of part of the world. I have a friend from Australia and said kangaroos and pigs are open season. In Florida it's pythons, in the south west it's coyotes, and in some states it can be crows or pigeons. It's just the way it is sometimes.

TheWindAndRain

Banned
Reaction score
I've personally been menaced by feral pigs on several occasions. Multiple frightening times while camping in the SE USA and once in Hawaii where I could have been killed jumping off a trail when a sow with piglets came at me.. It's not their fault they're an invasive species, and I hope the hunters of said pigs throw a massive Luau every time they bag one, sending everyone home full bellies and tons of bacon- But if they don't, my heart's not broken. Most of the Southeastern USA has open season on feral hogs, and I'm OK with that. I'm not a hunter, and think killing animals for the thrill of the hunt is dumb, but feral pigs are a huge problem at least where I am. I don't hunt, I think it's mostly BS, but feral pigs are a real issue here.

They are an issue because native species where wiped out and there is no balance in natural predators for them. I watched a documentary recently with attenborough he said on the main island there are no more native tree species at low elevations anymore. Where I live we have native javelinas which are a mostly tropical piglike species and docile.

• Haha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads